Please help me

G

hi guys i have a problem. ill run you through in steps.

first off i built my comp about 9 months ago and all was sound till i downloaded some fonts
anyway my computer crashed so i turned it off at the reset button.

as it went to boot back up it got stuck on the black screen just after the windows logo pops up and would not move?
so i tried it again and this time ran the repair option (as i thought this would at least roll it back to a date where it was working) but nope not my luck the keyboard and mouse just wouldn't work for it?

so i thought ill install linux as i need an OS of some sort to use the internet and computer as i need it for my job and at the moment all is good in linux the keyboard and mouse work and everything is cool.

But i still need windows :( and the keyboard and mouse just dont work when trying to repair windows or even install it :S i'm so confused because they work in linux perfectly and in the bios but not in any windows mode?

i have removed every windows file of the hard drive and tried to do a fresh install and it still doesn't work can anyone help me im going freaking spare! :fou:

hi guys i have a problem. ill run you through in steps.

first off i built my comp about 9 months ago and all was sound till i downloaded some fonts
anyway my computer crashed so i turned it off at the reset button.

as it went to boot back up it got stuck on the black screen just after the windows logo pops up and would not move?
so i tried it again and this time ran the repair option (as i thought this would at least roll it back to a date where it was working) but nope not my luck the keyboard and mouse just wouldn't work for it?

so i thought ill install linux as i need an OS of some sort to use the internet and computer as i need it for my job and at the moment all is good in linux the keyboard and mouse work and everything is cool.

But i still need windows :( and the keyboard and mouse just dont work when trying to repair windows or even install it :S i'm so confused because they work in linux perfectly and in the bios but not in any windows mode?

i have removed every windows file of the hard drive and tried to do a fresh install and it still doesn't work can anyone help me im going freaking spare! :fou:

Are you trying to do the fresh install of Windows on the same partition that was there before or are you completely getting rid of the partition and starting over?

If you are leaving it intact, you are doing what is called a "dirty" install or installing Windows over the top of itself. This is usually only done in order for the end user to backup their data and what not but it would appear in this case it will not help you at all.

The hiccup at the beginning of your comment could also indicate drive failure.

I would recommend creating a Hirens Boot CD and utilize some of the options available to attempt to resolve your issue and run diagnostics on the drive itself.

G

i completely deleted the partition in Linux using Gparted, i jus ttried doing a clean install 30 mins ago and the keyboard and mouse just wont respond.

i think your right i think it is a driver fault but considering they work perfectly in linux and i have removed every windows file/folder of the hard drive im completely stumped :S

ill try a hirens Boot CD any idea which one i would need?

i completely deleted the partition in Linux using Gparted, i jus ttried doing a clean install 30 mins ago and the keyboard and mouse just wont respond.

i think your right i think it is a driver fault but considering they work perfectly in linux and i have removed every windows file/folder of the hard drive im completely stumped :S

ill try a hirens Boot CD any idea which one i would need?

The Hirens CD has several different options available...

Look under the Hard Disk Tools and there are different options available to actually nuke the drive and start fresh as well as diagnostic tools from most of the major manufacturers.

G

gunna have to go out n buy a new set of keyboards and mouse this is a farce lol

G

ok thnx i will do ill have a look tomorrow im going to get my bro to have a look at it later he should figners crossed be able to sort it out

G

yep they are all enabled :S