Alienware m17x vs clevo x7200

Status
Not open for further replies.

davideclosel

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
hey guys. ive got an issue; (red the title)...

the main problem is that i cant chose because the clevo obviously has more performance, but the alienware has more looks and aesthetics;

the clevo has a slightly better gpu ( 480 sli vs 5870 CF), a nearly trice better cpu (desktop i7 950 vs i7 740qm), and tripple channel memory. (it also has space for 3 hdd's :p).

the alienware on the other hand, has obviously the design advantage, ( the clevo is like a box :/ ), backlit keyboard unlike clevo, better speakers, slot loading instead of a big thing coming out for cd's, slightly better resolution (1920x1200 vs 1920x1080).

it bothers me because i want to get as much power i can get, but at that price, one would want the look to come with it ( imagine getting a 400km/h ferrari looking like a cardboard box :p)

if people can give me their advice, personal experience, ect, would apreciate it :)

(things to concider: alienware has alot of driver issues :/ )

Solution
Honestly, if I am spending that much money I want it to perform. Don't much care how it looks (unless it is god awful *cough Toshiba Qosmio*). Plus, you can always get the system painted or get a skin for the lid.
If the looks are very important to you,then go with AW M17x,because that's the main better feature of it.
Performance wise,X7200 is much faster, so as poster above mentioned, it depends on whether you can sacrifice the looks for performance or not.

davideclosel

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Honestly, if I am spending that much money I want it to perform. Don't much care how it looks (unless it is god awful *cough Toshiba Qosmio*). Plus, you can always get the system painted or get a skin for the lid.

hahahaha, i agree with u on that 1 :p xD well i suppose :)

reaversedge

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
looks are not important, it performance, you can tweak the looks later, but for performance? in a laptop? i dont think so. that's permanent. Although a backlit keyboard is indeed nice for the x7200, but it is what they always says, you can have some, but you cant have everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.