Did I invent a new save?

So last night I'm playing my Joker Poker, in my typical 'relaxed'
evening condition, and in a spazed out attempt to save a drain, here's
what happened:

after a premature flip where the ball hit the corner of the sling and
bounced wildly about the flippers, I'm flipping all over the place
trying to save it. It eventually drains quite quickly at an angle. It
misses the outhole and bounces up off the wall of the apron, not enough
to come back into play however. The right flipper is still engaged and
when I let it go, the ball is about where the flipper normally when
it's at rest. So as the flipper drops, the back side of it hits the
ball back into the apron again, and this time it bounces back into
play.

Granted, it all happened in an instant of spaz-like panic, but I like
to think I did it on purpose, so I dubbed it the Steve Reverse Flipper
Save, or SRFS for short.

steve

---
Steve Kulpa (cargpb10 - sigh)
Hermitage, TN
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/rgpidx.htm

>so I dubbed it the Steve Reverse Flipper Save, or SRFS for short.

I've always heard this called "dribbling". Certain games are known to
be good candidates for it, Hercules is the most obvious. If you get
good at dribbling on Hercules, you can eliminate a great deal of your
outlane drains!

I've done that (rarely) on Mystic before - more so on Silverball mania
(when the kicker is not lit and it goes down the wireform).

It's almost like a mini bang back, without slamming the machine.

Steve Kulpa wrote:
> Granted, it all happened in an instant of spaz-like panic, but I like
> to think I did it on purpose, so I dubbed it the Steve Reverse Flipper
> Save, or SRFS for short.
>
> steve

Still sort of a bang back. Problem with a "save" is that you should be
able to replicate it at least once more in your life.

I have one on 70's EM gtb games- it's called "Kirb's don't harsh my
mellow, man" save when you know you are going drain and a slap save is
tilt-o-rama. I will let it bounce against the outhole or apron in hopes
that it will find it's way back into play. Sometimes you can get it
back into play with little effort. It takes a while to figure out the
angle that this works at and how much to bump the game.

Either way, gotta love those 70's GTB aprons.

Kirb

My JP does that too sometimes on a real fast drain, kind of hops over
the outhole and appears ready to launch again.
Sometimes if it's not so fast, I can give it a little nudge to the
right and it will happen, but most of the time not.

steve

Steve Kulpa wrote:
> geeze, major cut/paste error - sorry!
> I wish Google Groups had an auto-signature-apply feature!!!
>
> steve
>
> ---
> Steve Kulpa (cargpb10 - sigh)
> Hermitage, TN
> http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/rgpidx.htm

Click "show options" then "reply". it will put the old text in there
and you just need to add your tag.

Kirb

I get those on my Paul Bunyan a lot too. I call 'em "Lazarus Balls" coz
they come back from the dead :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Have you ever noticed the double wide post under the apron on
Gottlieb's? I found on Victory that a left lane drain can be saved.
Just nudge when the ball is about to roll off the apron, and nudge
again when the ball hits the post, and it usually bounces back up to
the left flipper. I always wondered if this was by design.

Evan K.

If you have a multiple ORB drain in Centaur. It will usually kick a
ball back in to play through the flippers. Also most older Gottliebs
are good at hitting the shooter aprom to come back into play :) Joker
Poker does it a lot.

Cliffy <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in news:_vydndssH8fVIqXeRVn-
3A@comcast.com:

> I get those on my Paul Bunyan a lot too. I call 'em "Lazarus Balls" coz
> they come back from the dead :)

Same here! Although I can't say that I can do them with any consistency.