Ink cartridge ran out what to do??

manin17

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
i have refilled the ink pg 810 for my canon pixma mp 258 printer.this is the third time i have refilled it now it says the pg 810 ink has ran out but the ink is full in the cartridge . what can i do ????

Solution
by refilled do you mean:

A) bought a new ink cartrige retail packaged and placed it into the printer

B) bought ink vials and a syringe and manually filled/topped off the reservoirs?

if A) maybe there is a sensor malfunctioning on the printer. if B) maybe you did it wrong (or there is a malfunctioning sensor).

also consider that if just one color runs out, the printer will tell you its low/out of ink.

for example a two cartridge four color (black + primaries) printer will tell you its out of colored ink if you use lets say...all the blue ink but have 100% remaining on the others.
by refilled do you mean:

A) bought a new ink cartrige retail packaged and placed it into the printer

B) bought ink vials and a syringe and manually filled/topped off the reservoirs?

if A) maybe there is a sensor malfunctioning on the printer. if B) maybe you did it wrong (or there is a malfunctioning sensor).

also consider that if just one color runs out, the printer will tell you its low/out of ink.

for example a two cartridge four color (black + primaries) printer will tell you its out of colored ink if you use lets say...all the blue ink but have 100% remaining on the others.

Solution

manin17

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
i have used option b.
i have refilled it 3rd time before that it worked nicely
it has two separate cartidges black and tri colour.what i have noticed that the print head has got spilled by the tri colour and black ink as my black cartridge was leaking may be due to over filled i filled it fully.i soaked the ink on head with soft tissue paper but still the ink spots are there.should i take it to the service centre??

the reason it isnt working right is probably because you did something wrong then.

no, its just an ink cartridge, not worth the cost of a service center. you can buy replacement ink cartridges for printers for like USD$50 or less. that should fix the problem.

manin17

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

try reinserting ur cartridge.sometimes the cartridge can not get connected to the printer circuit properly.

When you said "new ones" are they from the printer vendor or 3rd party? If a 3rd party that is normal for those, the printer does not read them properly as a new cartridge. If it's a new one from the printer vendor, contact them for support.