nexis

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2005
If you have the time, could you please take this survey about AMD and Intel processors?
I've been studying the ways in which these 2 companies compete, and their market for a while and now trying to get some poll data on it.
Don't worry, this is no scam or anything and no personal data is asked for. I'd find it helpful if some of you could take this survey, and I'd be glad to post its results on Tom's Hardware if anyone is interested.
Here's the link:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=508201331269
I'm posting this survey on a variety of techboards, in order to get diversified results.
many thanks.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=508201331269

<A HREF="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=508201331269" target="_new">http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=508201331269</A>

</font color=red><b><font color=red>■ ■ <font color=blue>■ ■ <font color=orange>■ ■ <font color=green>■ Dirty Little Sausage ■ </font color=green>■ ■ </font color=orange>■ ■ </font color=blue>■ ■</font color=red>

It's all good people, no tricks - Lend the man a hand.

</font color=red><b><font color=red>■ ■ <font color=blue>■ ■ <font color=orange>■ ■ <font color=green>■ Dirty Little Sausage ■ </font color=green>■ ■ </font color=orange>■ ■ </font color=blue>■ ■</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
Question #9 is poorly worded. I was forced to answer that I would buy it for $250, while the trouth is, at that price, it would also have to run a lot cooler, before I was interested. I have built a few prescotts for others, but, I dont recommend them, amd advise people that they are somewhat glitchy, and tend to damage the other parts of the system.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
same feeling for question 9, because if it was around 180~200 then i'd buy it, but i'm not the kind of people who say that i won't buy it at all...

AMD A64 3200+Venice @2.65GHZ
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ 2x512mb EL Gold VX PC3200 ram 2-2-2-8
evga eGeforce 6800GT 256mb GDDR3 ram
Enermax 485W PSU
Bios 6/23
Windows XP SP2

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Ive done the survey butr felt the questions were to test biaism. Most of us would use either chip, just a matter of what the rig will be used for.

You wanna know who these 2 companies compete, thats simple.

AMD competes by the pricetag and Intel doesnt compete, they just trap the market by under the table aggreements.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

nexis

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2005
i've gotten that critique on question 9 alot by now, sorry if its a bit difficult to answer, but if you wouldn't buy it for that price, just answer not at all or 200$ depending on what reflects your opinion better. also
@addiarmadar: i agree that thats a big part of the answer, but they also compete in other ways such as advertising, brand-naming and of course technological innovation. it's a big part of the survey and i'll post the results once i have a user count of 500-1000.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
there should be a name ur price feature......

AMD A64 3200+Venice @2.65GHZ
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ 2x512mb EL Gold VX PC3200 ram 2-2-2-8
evga eGeforce 6800GT 256mb GDDR3 ram
Enermax 485W PSU
Bios 6/23
Windows XP SP2

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Ditto on issues for Question 9. I wouldn't buy that P4, but answering "I only buy AMD processors" isn't quite right for me either.

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
|_____| This was bunny. He was tasty.
/\/\/\/\</pre><p>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
would've been great if you added a question like: why did you buy Amd? ( )Amd complains and whines most of the time. (O)Amd fan base constantly drools. ( )Amd green color reminds me of a growth on my arse.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

dhlucke

Polypheme
*snuggles up to AMDmeltdown and stares lovingly into his eyes*

Hold me!

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)
(")_(") Bow down before King Bunny

reader850

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2001
Ditto those comments concerning question #9. I won't consider Intel until their chips match AMD in energy/heat characteristics and price, and beat AMD in performance. I marked "I buy only AMD processors" because that is true this year, but it might not be true in '06 or '07.

dhlucke

Polypheme
They'll join in. They're cool like that.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)
(")_(") Bow down before King Bunny