can u use files sharing programs with a broadband router m..

Dante

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

Hi,when i had 56k i was able to use file sharing programs
no problems but when i upgraded to broadband the problems
started.my first problem is that no files sharing program
will work with my computer i have tryed taking down the
fire wall and all that(I USE A 256/64 ROUTER MODEM)but it
still jsut wont work,alot of my friends use it with
broadband and it works so i would just like to know how
could i fix this problem.i think it has some thing to do
with the prot settings because when i had 56k it worked
with the default port but now it just dont work period i
have try to change the ports but it still dont work so if
some one could help me i would be very great full.thanks

joker

Your issue is most likely caused by either a software firewall or a
router.

The name you gave fort your router is not one of the Microsoft routers &
thus it is way off topic for this newsgroup.

Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
"public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
"broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
"hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
that we talk about.

Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

dante wrote:

> Hi,when i had 56k i was able to use file sharing programs
> no problems but when i upgraded to broadband the problems
> started.my first problem is that no files sharing program
> will work with my computer i have tryed taking down the
> fire wall and all that(I USE A 256/64 ROUTER MODEM)but it
> still jsut wont work,alot of my friends use it with
> broadband and it works so i would just like to know how
> could i fix this problem.i think it has some thing to do
> with the prot settings because when i had 56k it worked
> with the default port but now it just dont work period i
> have try to change the ports but it still dont work so if
> some one could help me i would be very great full.thanks

assistance.

time.