Your question

Win 7 Shutdown Problem

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Shutdown
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
April 27, 2010 7:59:48 PM

My computer will not shutdown. I'm using Win 7 Professional. It was fine one day and not the next. I enabled verbose status and it's hanging at Shutting down Group Policy Client Service. I had not changed any settings on my computer before this. Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated.

More about : win shutdown problem

a b $ Windows 7
April 27, 2010 8:29:49 PM

There may be a program or device driver interfering with the shut down process. Use Performance Information and Tools to try to find out what programs or device drivers are holding up the process:

1. Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Performance Information and Tools, and then, in the list of results, click Performance Information and Tools.

2. In the left pane, click Advanced tools.

3. In Advanced Tools, under Performance issues, click any issues that are listed.

4. Read the information in the dialog box that appears to learn which programs or drivers are causing problems.

If this does not work for you, try doing a System Restore to before this problem started.

Resource: http://bit.ly/shut-down-computer.

Hope this helps!
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
!