Sign in with
Your question

How IR-Cut is Affecting Your Network Camera ???

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 6, 2012 5:18:10 AM

This HT-IP210 (Branded HooToo) caught my eye as it had the most useful features and most advanced technology for such a low price!!

Of all features that serve my needs, one is the IR CUT, and here's why i see it as the most basic requirement of a IPCAM..

I had a quick setup after some simple network config, no trouble accessing the camera directly from my IE browser, and when the video started to flow up., woww....it's so COOOOOL, compared w/ the ones w/o IR Filter. I mean you will see right away that this camera is so different and so clear at almost all distance. The image quality is much better than any other one i had before-- higher resolution, because the IR usually tends to blur the detail through the lens, but definately not with this little beauty..

So far, i havent see any malfuction/defect, the image is super great and I feel much more secure having this in place// :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

In all, The IR-cut in this camera gives superb images in daylight, and excellent IR images at night. I would give it a five star review!!!
March 8, 2012 12:13:23 AM

fishface said:
I agree. Buying an IP camera with IR built-in but no cut filter is a bad buy in my opinion.

I had a couple of indoor Y-cams before I got my eyespy247hdsd and so glad I swapped them out. The Y-cams were ok in night mode but without a cut filter gave a nasty purple tinge to everything since they don't have a cut filter. The eyespy247hdsd on the other had has HD video and a cut filter, so I get the best of both worlds.

The other thing to bear in mind, which I found out the hard way, is that don't try and use an indoor camera with IR LEDs pointing out the window as the LEDs reflect back into the lens. Get a proper outdoor camera instead.

FF

it's even better when you use H.264 instead of MJPEG in terms of video compression format. I have two IPCAM, one H.264 (HT-IP306, also bought from the same vendor HooToo), the other MJPEG w/ cut filter; Believe or not, to take the image quliaty for comparison, i find out even the one w/ built-in cut filter isnt quite able to catch up w/ the H.264 one.

What do you think?
March 20, 2012 1:41:28 AM

fishface said:
H.264 certainly saves you a lot of bandwidth over MJPEG. As for quality a lot of that depends on how good the lens and other hardware is in the camera as well as how well H.264 has been implemented in the camera's firmware.

FF

HT-IP306 is too enough for me, since its providing excellent image quality, even though i don't know how seller makes the firmware and implements H.264, i'd say this little beauty is ususal and exceeding my expectation in any regard.
!