CPU Fan Problem

MrDas

Distinguished
May 21, 2005
When I turn on my system the fan comes as normal. while it is booting the fan shuts down and the alarm goes off. when i hit reset button, the system re-boots and the fan stays on and works normal. have checked all standoffs,none are mis-aligned all make good contactwith the mobo. What
could be causing this to happen?. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mrdas

Tried reseating the power connection for the fan?

*Steam rising*
|<font color=red>(\__/)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(='.'=)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(")_(")</font color=red>|
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rugger on 10/27/05 01:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

MrDas

Distinguished
May 21, 2005
The sysytem is as follows
Motherboard: Gigabyte K8NS 939 Ultra
CPU: AMD 3500+
Memory: 2x512 Kingston
Power supply; 430watts

pat

Expert
Gigabyte motherboard, such as mine, have a feature called, IIRC, smart fan. If you read your manual, you'll learn that when the CPU temp is lower than a certain degree, the fan is not running, such as when you start it. You can disable the alarm in BIOS too. When the system reboot, since the CPU had time to heatup, smart fan let the fan running according to temp preset. And, if the cpu temp heat up more, then the motherboard will have the fan to turn faster...

So, take some time to read your manual and BIOS option.. you'll see that it is all normal. On my system, I disabled the alarm, and leave smart fan on. If you are a bit scared, you can disable smart fan and leave the alarm on...

(\__/)
(=<font color=red><b>˚</b></font color=red>.'=)
(")ώ(") This is my bunny..terminator!!!