Sign in with
Your question

ViewSonic VX2336S-LED 23 inch FULL HD IPS

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 6, 2012 11:56:23 AM

This monitor is on sale at Amazon UK for just 111 quids, it's a bargain to me, according to TFT central the panel is made by LG and Philips, what do you reckon of this item ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006DDGJMQ/ref=as_li...
March 6, 2012 8:14:59 PM

All the ViewSonics I have worked with have had power supply issues, unstable images, shuddering, I'd stay away from that brand.
March 6, 2012 9:28:42 PM

how many of them have you had ?
Related resources
March 7, 2012 12:58:33 PM

We bought about a dozen I think, most ended up with issues within a year, and all had buzzing noise from the power supplies. But this was sitting on a table with 3 other monitors and a workstation PC, so probably would be a bit better at home with one monitor.
March 7, 2012 2:26:10 PM

i have one vp201b ips panel and it runs like brand new (over 6 years old now!). my uncle has one as well, not sure which model, ips panel and it runs great (over 3 years old now!).

i havent seen any power supply issues, shuddering nor heard buzzing of any sort. i dont use my panel as much anymore (i use a tv for a screen mostly) but for 5 years it was running at least 5-6 hours a day.

keep in mind i was using top of the line panels at $600 each approximate.

i have nothing but good things to say about the brand.

keep in mind that you could have issues with any brand. even the extremely well known and recommended dell monitors, or even asus, benq, acer, etcetera.
March 7, 2012 6:01:40 PM

ssddx said:
i have one vp201b ips panel and it runs like brand new (over 6 years old now!). my uncle has one as well, not sure which model, ips panel and it runs great (over 3 years old now!).

i havent seen any power supply issues, shuddering nor heard buzzing of any sort. i dont use my panel as much anymore (i use a tv for a screen mostly) but for 5 years it was running at least 5-6 hours a day.

keep in mind i was using top of the line panels at $600 each approximate.

i have nothing but good things to say about the brand.

keep in mind that you could have issues with any brand. even the extremely well known and recommended dell monitors, or even asus, benq, acer, etcetera.

These models were cheap, but I don't like it when a huge number of them are bad. If we got 12 and 1 or 2 were bad, I would chalk it up to randomness. When most of them have the same type of issues, that's just bad quality.

We have had a similar issue with some LG S-IPS monitors. Got 4, all 4 had issues ranging from random light dots behind the screen to huge dark blobs on the screen.

But like I said, it could be the environment we have them in, there is lots of equipment around them although they are not in tight quarters at all.
March 8, 2012 10:42:51 AM

8bit ips panels normally go for $600 or so. if you bought budget ones, even from main brands, i wouldnt be suprised if you had issues. corners must be cut as they say.

you could have the same problem with pretty much any brand.

i know my vp model came with a 3 year warranty and i had the option of getting a 5 year. never one hiccup.

always buy quality and never the cheap products. i will stand behind my recomendation of the VP (viewsonic pro) line. i cannot vouch for the rest as i havent owned them.
March 8, 2012 1:01:38 PM

ssddx said:
8bit ips panels normally go for $600 or so. if you bought budget ones, even from main brands, i wouldnt be suprised if you had issues. corners must be cut as they say.

you could have the same problem with pretty much any brand.

i know my vp model came with a 3 year warranty and i had the option of getting a 5 year. never one hiccup.

always buy quality and never the cheap products. i will stand behind my recomendation of the VP (viewsonic pro) line. i cannot vouch for the rest as i havent owned them.

how did you get a 5 year warranty extension ? Was there a leaflet in the box ?
March 8, 2012 2:32:20 PM

i bought mine at a computer show. the company that sold it gave me an extra two year warranty for $50 because they were so confident i would have zero issues.

after all it is the professional series of monitors.

you might be able to get similar deals from other dealers.
March 8, 2012 3:03:12 PM

Extra 2 year warranty for $50 sounds like a normal warranty extension. They are usually 10% of the purchase price, the salesman made it seem like more of a deal that it was.

Just because I like you, I'll give you this undercarriage rust protection coating with free wipers for just $300!!
March 8, 2012 6:02:51 PM

i paid about $650 for the monitor 6 years ago. i did my research and at the time $750+ was the average price. i figure 6% tax equals the shipping cost if i bought online. $65 would be 10% so i did a little better than that. if you factor in that it actually covered a no-dead-pixel guarantee as well as some other goodies its not a bad deal.

i made a similarly good deal on my current screen, a 40" sony bravia from circuit city. i managed to get the tv, a very heavy duty wallmount, cables and a 5 year warranty for about $1800 when the tv alone sold for $2000 everywhere else. not a bad deal.

you laugh at it but some undercoatings are actually worthwhile. i do agree that some of the prices are stupid high though.. just like car warranties. do you realize that they can sell them at 10% the first price they offer you? all you do is have to debate it in your head until you lure them into the better price zone. the markup is rediculous.

in general i do agree with you on one point: i do normally say no to protection plans and extended warranties unless its for a very good reason. such as the plan on my hard drives so i dont have to pay $20 per drive to ship them out rma to wd!!! in such cases it is well worth the cash.
!