Antec 80Plus 650Watt EarthWatts
Raidmax Smilodon Case
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
XFX Radeon 4870 1gb DDR5
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5
MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
4gig Kingston 1336 1.5v gaming series ram
Running good since november.

So yesterday my computer started freezing and I would restart. Maybe happen three times. Today I tried to turn on my computer only to have it sit on Starting windows indefinitly. I tried several times, once in a while it would go past starting windows to a black screen with no desktop or applications running(but I could access task manager). I got this result maybe 1 out of 10 restarts.

I used a recovery disk that seemed to get past the "vista-looking" loading bar about half the time.

I used a recovery disk that said my system should boot okay. I tried it and same result as before.

I used system restore from recovery disk as far back as I could which was only about a month before a "critical" update. It started an ran for about an hour before it froze and went back into the broken cycle.

I tried reinstalling windows 7 using my upgrade I bought and got "no operating system found error".

I borrowed a friends win7 64bit install cd and it gave me a cd/dvd driver not found error and I could not continue.

I tried installing my old vista and it sat on the loading screen indefinitly.

I booted in linux by flash drive to see if my hard drive had failed and it reported that it was in good working order.

I don't know what else to try. I'm stuck.

What exactly did you use to determine the status of the hard drive? Have you run a chkdsk? Have you enabled SMART? Your drive's manufacturer should have free tools to download to check your hard drive to make sure it is in fact ok. It does sound like a bad hard drive to me.