Sign in with
Your question

Deleted Svchost.exe

Last response: in Windows 7
December 28, 2012 5:36:23 PM

So I've got the virus Trojan Ransom and somewhy i accidentally deleted svchost.exe from system32.(since i was fixing the virus using linux /deleting the affected files manually/ nothing stopped me)
Now windows won't start , It 'll stuck where the login screen should be witha black screen.

I've tried various methods inc.

1,running the last good configuration

2,running the repair from win7 install disk

3,tried running sfc /scannow but I'm having problems with this.When i enter it the cmd prompt says "another service or repair operation is currently running"

3.1, tried fixing this with BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD

I'm a photographer and i would need my PC tomorrow, please help me :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

More about : deleted svchost exe

December 28, 2012 6:44:13 PM

Assuming that that works, if i simply copy the file using linux it should work too, not sure if my roomates laptop is running 32 or 64, so 'im not sure if i can copy the correct version, is there any chance that someone could upload his svchost for me?
Win7 Ultimate 64bit

*edit It's win 7 64chekcing if it works
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 7:14:19 PM

Tried 2 things, copied the file using linux and tried it with the methood described expect that i copied the .exe to c:\ then used the command copy c:\svchost c:\windows\system32
after i entered this it asked if i want to replace the existing file(caused by linux copy) said yes.
Still not working, I don't have a pendrive near atm
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 7:15:02 PM

http://www.windowserrorfixer.com/en-au/fix-dll-error-fr...
How to download svchost.exe file for free?

DLL Suite allows its users to download svchost.exe for free by taking the following steps:

1. Download, install and run DLL Suite
2. Click Start Scan to check svchost.exe file
3. Free download svchost.exe from the open web page
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 7:16:37 PM

Or reinstall Windows.
m
l
December 28, 2012 7:54:23 PM

Reinstalling is not really an option fully customized windows , can't install app on linux
m
l
!