Hi all, this is my first post - Have been using the site for a while. Such a great help so thanks to all who put it their time - its much appreciated.
Im looking into getting myself a laptop so using this FAQ form:
1. What is your budget? 700- 850
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14-15"4
3. What screen resolution do you want? Not too bothered
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement - Will only be taking to a friends house or using at home so portability is not an issue.
5. How much battery life do you need? Not bothered - will be plugged in all the time.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
League of Legends, World of Warcraft, the occassional RTS and FPS
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.): HDMI input
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 200-300
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I actually need suggestions
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD Writer minimum
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I seem to have an inexplicable preference for Acer, but it shouldnt be too hard to convince me to try something new
13. What country do you live in? Germany, but can buy in UK
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I want this laptop to stay relative mobile as I travel relatively often. So I really would like to keep it under 15,4, if possible a 14inch would be good