I can\'t see my computer drive icons in My Computer

BrianKMorris

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
From START > MY COMPUTER, the computer drive icons do not show up

When I click on MY COMPUTER, the separate window opens up and I get repeated error messages: "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LNamesp2.dll was not found. The specified module could not be found"

How do I restore those icons?

Have you added anything new to the computer recently such as a webcam?

The info on that .dll file can be gotten HERE.

Not sure if it has any relation to the My Computer icons missing.

UPDATE:

I would recommend using Autoruns and go through all the startup items and see if something is possibly causing the icons to disappear like that.

Not sure what all those things are? Go to HERE for help with identifying those pesky startup items.

BrianKMorris

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

Yes, my wife had installed, then uninstalled a webcam (which explains the Logitech part of the error message, I bet). :)

Your first link is taking me to a site that's not telling me much about the INamesp2.dll and every link there is trying to sell me SpeedUpMyPC (and I'd like to not have to buy one more protection program).

I can't find anything in the other links that deal with Inamesp2.dll and how to restore it (or help the computer find it again). But I apprecaite the help.

BrianKMorris

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Okay, I finally got the computer to recognize the drives by finding the .dll file online and copying it into the correct directory.

Thank you for your assistance. Have a great New Year!