need some help here, stuck

for some reason, if i play bf 2 for about 5 min it imediatly starts chopping up, unplayable. when i exit the game my cpu usage idles around 70 and 85% the system runs very slow until i reboot. the interesting part is there are no processes that add up to that number at any time. task manager will jump to 10 for a second, but system idle process is at 99 the rest of the time. i have no idea what the problem is. i havent reinstalled bf yet but i have a feeling that wont fix it. any one know what the problem could be? i have closed all processes the system will let me but it doesnt change, i let it sit over night like that and it didnt improve.

go tell your alien brothers, that ronnie cordova says they're gay!!! <A HREF="http://sockbaby.com" target="_new"> sock baby </A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jihiggs on 11/01/05 07:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
3 answers Last reply
More about need here stuck
  1. Do you have the latest patch?
  2. oh, right, memory leak, and im just supposed to know how to fix that? no, it was not a memory leak. some how i forgot to check the event log, i found a couple entries that repeat themselves every 20 min or so. they have to do with domain policy not updating. somehow a needed service was disabled, i reenabled it and rebooted, seems to work now. i dont know why that fixed it though.

go tell your alien brothers, that ronnie cordova says they're gay!!! <A HREF="http://sockbaby.com" target="_new"> sock baby </A>
  3. I bet the kernel was just driving itself <b><font color=blue>c</font color=blue><font color=purple>R</font color=purple><font color=red>a</font color=red><font color=orange>Z</font color=orange><font color=yellow>y</font color=yellow></b>! Winblows doesn't like it when some services aren't running (or running properly anyway).

:evil: یί∫υєг ρђœŋίχ :evil:
    The <b><font color=red>Devil</font color=red></b> is in my <b><font color=red>'98 Mercury Sable</font color=red></b>!
    <b>@ 201K miles!</b>
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs