• Outlook
  • Computers
  • Outlook 2003
  • Office
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
December 28, 2012 7:17:05 PM

Hello,

I have Microsoft 2007 on my computer right now and Outlook 2003. My computer tech said that I need to keep my old Microsoft office 2003 on my computer for Outlook '03 to work. He will not uninstall the old Microsoft office & Outlook because it takes too long and could crash. Does this make any sense?

More about : windows compatability

a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 7:26:40 PM

Hi :) 

No, its tosh... lol

We load Office in my shops a lot....

And it takes a few MINUTES to uninstall...

Make sure you have all your emails and addy book and folders saved first though...

There is even a REPAIR option if its giving problems...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 7:29:40 PM

Yes it does, because of the way 2007 works vs 2003 the layout and format of pages is different, 2003 has a problem diplaying 2007 word document ect, when trying to run say a text file of 2007 to 2003 it comes out all wrong.
Saying that you should be able to save a document to office 2003 format anyway in 2007.
So the tech is off the ball.
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 7:30:04 PM

Your tech guy should find a new job and you should find a new tech guy. Like Brett here :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 7:44:40 PM

mc_creeper said:
Your tech guy should find a new job and you should find a new tech guy. Like Brett here :) 

Hi :) 

Hehe, in my shops, I drill into all my guys/girls that we all give what I call "BEST ADVICE"

I do the same here, all it really means is being HONEST...

Sometimes in the shops it loses us (me) money, in the short term, but long term it makes us a lot of money from regular customers... and a good reputation...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
!