I'm doing my Judge Dredd over and my ramp flaps are rusty. Does anyone
stock these? Thanks.

Mike

pinrestore.com....Supplies

pinballmike217 wrote:
> I'm doing my Judge Dredd over and my ramp flaps are rusty. Does anyone
> stock these? Thanks.
>
> Mike

Mike you might want to check out www.pinrestore.com, Scot has ramp flap
material under "supplies", and also sells the means to attach such flaps
to ramps. Dave

--

Dave Mercer
For Amusement Only

Mike,
I've heard cutting your own from Blue Spring Steel works pretty good..
Buy it at www.pinrestore.com

http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

Dan
"pinballmike217" <weenerman217@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm doing my Judge Dredd over and my ramp flaps are rusty. Does anyone
> stock these? Thanks.
>
> Mike

Refinish the ones you have with 0000 steel wool then buy gun blueing
and resurface. Real simple cheap and easy, works great and eliminates
the need to rivet new ones on.

Arrow II wrote:
> Refinish the ones you have with 0000 steel wool then buy gun blueing
> and resurface. Real simple cheap and easy, works great and eliminates
> the need to rivet new ones on.

Too cool. I'll have to try that on my ramps. That'll save on a
riveter and a hole punch!

Pinrestore also sells the blueing I think.

Is there a trick to this?

I've done some that route, and can't seem to get an even application of
the bluing.

I've done the method where you heat the steel up before applying the
bluing too.

I do have all the tools and supplies to fabricate new flaps and attach
them, but am not against reusing the ones I have if I can!

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Arrow II wrote:
> Refinish the ones you have with 0000 steel wool then buy gun blueing
> and resurface. Real simple cheap and easy, works great and eliminates
> the need to rivet new ones on.

Dip the ramps in muriatic acid first. If not muriatic acid, use any
metal etching primer available at your local hardware store, although I
imagine your local hardware store will have muriatic acid too and it's
usually cheaper. Be careful not to get it on anything else though. It
is pretty strong stuff!

I bought some spring steel to make my own new flaps but the problem was
my drill press couldn't make a clean hole without ripping the steel.
Pinrestore has a punch so I ordered that. Thanks for the lead. I didn't
know these punches were available.

Mike