Sign in with
Your question

Prevent user password change

Last response: in Windows 7
December 28, 2012 8:34:12 PM

Hi guys, as an administrator, Im trying to prevent users changing their own passwords. Tried net user...system error 5...access is denied. Under computer management there is no Local Users and Groups. Using Home Premium SP1 64bit. Any help appreciated
December 30, 2012 5:50:40 AM

I think using Home Premium might be your problem, but I'm not sure. Why would you want to prevent users changing their own passwords anyway?
December 30, 2012 1:59:14 PM

Well, users in this case are children and I dont want them to be able to lock me out of their accounts. Anyway, since no-one was replying on this forum, I've got the required info from another forum which works for me.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 30, 2012 2:40:28 PM

Set them as standard users and you as the admin then if they change the passwords on you then you can change their passwords blocking them access.

They will think twice when they can't log in next time and are unable to because you had to change the password to something you know....

End-users are not power users. Use your rootly powers!!!
December 31, 2012 7:36:05 PM

jackson1420 said:
Set them as standard users and you as the admin then if they change the passwords on you then you can change their passwords blocking them access.

They will think twice when they can't log in next time and are unable to because you had to change the password to something you know....

End-users are not power users. Use your rootly powers!!!

Well of course your right, I must have had a 'blonde' moment. Thanks anyway
!