New Computer for $1000--Suggestions

Hi there. I'm new here, and need some advice for a gaming computer for about $1,000. A little over is fine--but not by much.

Anyways, here is what I am thinking of getting.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
ASUS A8N SLI
EVGA GeForce 7800 GT
Maxtor 250GB MXDX6B250S0
Enermax EG565P-FMA 535W
Kingston KVR400X64C3AK2 1 GB
DVD-ROM drive--need suggestions
Case--more suggestions

Okay, that's what I was thinking of. However, do I need that PSU? How about the motherboard--any cheaper recomendations? I intend to use this to play HL2, BF2, CoD2, etc. Oh, one other thing: my monitor has only VGA--does the videocard come with a VGA to DVI adaptor?
3 answers Last reply
More about computer 1000 suggestions
  1. If you read thru the post on this forum and in the motherboard one, you'll find that this kind of post has been asek a thousand time.. no need for another one. just search.

(\__/)
    (=<b>˚</b>.'=)That was my bunny..terminator!!! Now terminated...
  2. AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    Id go with the 3700+ san diego
    ASUS A8N SLI
    This board sucks....go with the Epox EP-9NPA+ or the DFI Lanparty
    EVGA GeForce 7800 GT
    good choice
    Maxtor 250GB MXDX6B250S0
    Enermax EG565P-FMA 535W
    Kingston KVR400X64C3AK2 1 GB
    Id go with 2 X 512mb of OCZ, Corsair, or G.Skill
    DVD-ROM drive--need suggestions
    any will serve its purpose
    Case--more suggestions
    The super flower case is sweet http://www.directron.com/201tblk.html.....I have the Antec Super Lanboy and love it
  3. Quote:

Id go with the 3700+ san diego

Quote:
    This board sucks....go with the Epox EP-9NPA+ or the DFI Lanparty

That's started to push at the seams of my budget, but it still fits in my budget. Actually, it goes over by $4.93, but I don't really care about that.

Quote:
    The super flower case is sweet http://www.directron.com/201tblk.html.....I have the Antec Super Lanboy and love it

It appears to be a good case, but I don't have enough left over cash to buy it. I might save up some more money and opt for this later.

Thanks, your suggestions didn't cost me a whole bunch more, yet got me a bunch of better stuff.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computer