Setting up Exchange 2000 Server

mark

I have the MN700 router. I have connected my Exchange
server to it. How do I configure port forwarding to pass
emails to and from the public IP to my 192 IP Address?

Marcelo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

Just SMTP? at the management panel, go to Securiy,
Permanent Port forwarding (or something like that) and add
a entry to your exchange server IP using port 25 (TCP)

If you want to access the owa, pop, add the ports 80, 110
(TCP)

I'm not sure about the imap port, but i think it is 143

Regards
Marcelo - Brazil

mark

465, 587, 993, and 995. I am able to send mail to and
from myself when I am on the server locally. I cannot
send or receive mail from an outside source, such as yahoo
or hotmail. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

Marcelo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

ask a friend to telnet your external ip at the port 25,
110 and see if the exchange is responding.

Verify if the IP settings in the exchange server are
correct, default gateway, dns servers, etc... (you can
browse internet from it?)

Try connect in other smtp servers from the exchange
server, "telnet <some provider MX address> 25"

Marcelo - Brazil

mark

Marcelo,

DNS had the wrong IP entry. Once I made the change and
applied the port forwarding ports you recommended, it
worked.

THANKS!