Sign in with
Your question

Computer hangs up on start screen

Last response: in Windows 7
December 28, 2012 10:37:58 PM

Its my office comupter, it worked fine yesterday. when i came in today i just locked up on the start up screen. I ran a smart extended test on the drive it passed. I even purchased a new hard drive and replaced. I put in the install disc and wait for the recovery window, it starts with loading fles then starts windows and hangs up in same spot. I switched out the Ram and did the same thing. dont know what else it would be or to do. Help!
December 28, 2012 10:39:13 PM

Its a HP Pavilion Slimline Windows 7 64 bit
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 10:44:53 PM

Try booting into safe mode if you can and insert your windows CD and try the sfc /scannow command to see if it detects corrupted files to repair. Also run a virus scan while you're at it.

m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 10:56:47 PM

run other hardware tests
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 11:37:19 PM

Quote:
input this URL:

( http://www.buy2me.net/ )

you can find many cheap and high stuff

Believe you will love it.

WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT
YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

spam...reported....
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 29, 2012 2:52:00 AM

bottman said:
Its my office comupter, it worked fine yesterday. when i came in today i just locked up on the start up screen. I ran a smart extended test on the drive it passed. I even purchased a new hard drive and replaced. I put in the install disc and wait for the recovery window, it starts with loading fles then starts windows and hangs up in same spot. I switched out the Ram and did the same thing. dont know what else it would be or to do. Help!

I'm a bit confused....

Your computer locked up and you replaced the hard drive and attempted a repair on the OS? You would have had to do a clean install at that point. What type of media are you using to reinstall?

What is the make/model of this computer?

It truly sounds like something is corrupted with the media you're using to reinstall since it even got hung after installing onto a new drive.
m
l
January 8, 2013 9:23:04 PM

Thank you all,
None o your options worked. I couldnt boot in safe moede would not even give me that option. I took my wife's computer which I know works and try to trouble shoot hardware parts out of hers to see what peice of mine I needed to replace. Everything I put in her computer from mine and vise verse all worked (Hard drive, Ram, etc...) As I looked at both Mother Boards to see what else the difference was I saw on mine a phone line card. I put all my original parts back in and left out the phone card. Now it works perfect like nothing was ever wrong. Do you guys know what would cause my computer to act like that and lock up all because of a phone line card? Its weird because this is how I got it from HP it even has a HP model P/N on it.
m
l
!