TECH: Gottlieb Vulcan transformer wiring question...

Hi folks,

I'm trying to help out a fellow pinhead in South Africa that doesn't
have access to the newsgroup and needs some help with his wiring for a
Vulcan EM game (1977) that he's trying to bring back to life.
Basically, he's after the wiring diagram for the transformer since
although he found one, his wires had been cut in the game and he
doesn't know where the wires from the transformer are supposed to go.

In particular the question is around the 6 volt GI lighting and the
coil wires where the transformer supplies juice to the game.

Here is what he found on his Vulcan:

Wiring on the machine is as follows, the service plug has been cut
out.

1. 2 x Black/white stripe cloth covered

2. 2 x white cloth covered

3. 3 x black cloth covered

4. 1 x red cloth covered

5. 1 x white/orange and black stripe PVC covered

6. 1 x black PVC covered

7. 1 x red PVC covered

8. 1 x white PVC covered

9. 1 x green/yellow(presume earth)

What wires should be connected where on the transformers.

Any ideas? even a picture may help.

stevebo
5 answers Last reply
More about tech gottlieb vulcan transformer wiring question

    get the schematic!!

    --
    billb
    Since time immemorial, the powerful have used religion to distract
    "Steve C" <steve@stevechannel.com> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I'm trying to help out a fellow pinhead in South Africa that
    doesn't
    > have access to the newsgroup and needs some help with his wiring
    for a
    > Vulcan EM game (1977) that he's trying to bring back to life.
    > Basically, he's after the wiring diagram for the transformer since
    > although he found one, his wires had been cut in the game and he
    > doesn't know where the wires from the transformer are supposed to
    go.

    > In particular the question is around the 6 volt GI lighting and the
    > coil wires where the transformer supplies juice to the game.
    >
    > Here is what he found on his Vulcan:
    >
    > Wiring on the machine is as follows, the service plug has been cut
    > out.
    >
    > 1. 2 x Black/white stripe cloth covered
    >
    > 2. 2 x white cloth covered
    >
    > 3. 3 x black cloth covered
    >
    > 4. 1 x red cloth covered
    >
    > 5. 1 x white/orange and black stripe PVC covered
    >
    > 6. 1 x black PVC covered
    >
    > 7. 1 x red PVC covered
    >
    > 8. 1 x white PVC covered
    >
    > 9. 1 x green/yellow(presume earth)
    >

    > What wires should be connected where on the transformers.
    >
    > Any ideas? even a picture may help.
    >
    > stevebo

    hey, I'm trying to help out a guy in South Africa. I'm not after the
    whole schematic (I don't even own the game), just wondering about the
    wiring diagram for the transformer. surely someone has a scan of one
    they could send me in email..

    stevebo

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:43:49 -0700, "billb"
    <sevenoutpinball@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >get the schematic!!

    I emailed you a scan. enjoy.

    --
    > hey, I'm trying to help out a guy in South Africa. I'm not after
    the
    > whole schematic (I don't even own the game), just wondering about
    the
    > wiring diagram for the transformer. surely someone has a scan of
    one
    > they could send me in email..
    >
    > stevebo
    >
    > On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:43:49 -0700, "billb"
    > <sevenoutpinball@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >get the schematic!!

    thanks man, that's exactly what the guy needed.

    stevebo

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:26:38 -0700, "billb"
    <sevenoutpinball@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I emailed you a scan. enjoy.

    ya got lucky!

    --
    > thanks man, that's exactly what the guy needed.
    >
    > stevebo
    >

    > On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:26:38 -0700, "billb"
    > <sevenoutpinball@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I emailed you a scan. enjoy.

Newsgroup Games Video Games