IJ Cabinet decals for sale. also speaker panel plastic NOS

Last response: in Video Games
September 27, 2005 4:34:14 AM

I have a set of the IPB Indiana Jones Sideart set. All 5 pieces. I
don't know if I will ever use them , but they may be for sale for the
right price. Feel free to make offers, but it will take insane money
to get them.

I also have a IJ Speaker panel plastic that is NOS for offers. This is
from Williams way back before they went out of the pinball business.
September 27, 2005 4:34:15 AM

Damn Wayne, if you are building us up just to let us down that is just
plain cruel. You talk the talk, . . I really hope you can walk the walk
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 9:47:06 AM

not to insane as they will be available soon from your local IPB/Pinball
factory Distributor Under $300
September 27, 2005 10:56:08 AM

"Keith Foy" <pinhead@lotsapins.com> wrote in message
news:o 7mhj1dga4ol094k0up7pf3dhkv21hehvs@4ax.com...
>I have a set of the IPB Indiana Jones Sideart set. All 5 pieces. I
> don't know if I will ever use them , but they may be for sale for the
> right price. Feel free to make offers, but it will take insane money
> to get them.

Why not just toss them up on Ebay with a reserve?

Michael
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 1:02:48 PM

Keith Foy wrote:

> Feel free to make offers, but it will take insane money
> to get them.

Are you talking Crazy Eddie "insane" pricing, or something else? IPB's
price last year was $205 before Wayne sic'd the Lucas/Universal dogs on
them. Or would that price be *too* insane?

http://web.archive.org/web/20040608204538/http://www.th...
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 1:37:58 PM

So are these for sale or not?
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 2:00:51 PM

I may do that also. I have a bunch of plastic sets up right now. Maybe
later. As far as IPB getting them, the last I heard was that Lucas
wanted $250K for the liscence rights and Gene wasn't going to sell
enough to make it woth while. That would mean that the good repros
from IPB are very much in demand compared to the fuzzy off color ones
of RNR. Really doesn't matter either way. I can keep them and will
use them eventually. I just know there is a demand and I can't see
them sitting here on the shelf. Hope Mr Australia is right , but I
don't tend to believe much he has thrown out. He just wants to protect
his interest.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 06:56:08 GMT, "Michael" <radius_sv*@*yahoo*.com>
wrote:

>"Keith Foy" <pinhead@lotsapins.com> wrote in message
>news:o 7mhj1dga4ol094k0up7pf3dhkv21hehvs@4ax.com...
>>I have a set of the IPB Indiana Jones Sideart set. All 5 pieces. I
>> don't know if I will ever use them , but they may be for sale for the
>> right price. Feel free to make offers, but it will take insane money
>> to get them.
>
> Why not just toss them up on Ebay with a reserve?
>
>Michael

Anonymous
September 27, 2005 4:49:34 PM

Just wait, ... Wayne says they'll be readily available in Oct ...
uh, ... er, .. did you see that? ... Wayne's nose just got bigger!

-Officer Bobby "Hot Dog" Nelson

"pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So are these for sale or not?

September 27, 2005 7:36:29 PM

Just keep them then - Mr. free private auction insane money.

> I may do that also. I have a bunch of plastic sets up right now. Maybe
> later. As far as IPB getting them, the last I heard was that Lucas
> wanted $250K for the liscence rights and Gene wasn't going to sell
> enough to make it woth while. That would mean that the good repros
> from IPB are very much in demand compared to the fuzzy off color ones
> of RNR. Really doesn't matter either way. I can keep them and will
> use them eventually. I just know there is a demand and I can't see
> them sitting here on the shelf. Hope Mr Australia is right , but I
> don't tend to believe much he has thrown out. He just wants to protect
> his interest.
>

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 06:56:08 GMT, "Michael" <radius_sv*@*yahoo*.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Keith Foy" <pinhead@lotsapins.com> wrote in message
> >news:o 7mhj1dga4ol094k0up7pf3dhkv21hehvs@4ax.com...
> >>I have a set of the IPB Indiana Jones Sideart set. All 5 pieces. I
> >> don't know if I will ever use them , but they may be for sale for the
> >> right price. Feel free to make offers, but it will take insane money
> >> to get them.
> >
> > Why not just toss them up on Ebay with a reserve?
> >
> >Michael

Anonymous
September 27, 2005 7:51:27 PM

Keith,

$1,000 is insane ...

but it is good that you are asking that kind of money, because it will
just motivate Wayne and the Pinball Factory to produce the product in a
very timely manner

The only guy who is going to feel stupid is the guy that pays you the
$1,000 or whatever it will take to buy those remade decals

all of this gouging is going to end very soon

very soon ....

=)

Gary/Arizona
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 9:02:27 PM

This is why, at the end of the day, Wayne will end up being a hero for
the hobby

I know he has pissed a lot of people off and his communications have
been so-so, but his remade products will end the price gouging

and remade playfields will prove to be superior to NOS playfields

A lot of good days ahead for true hobbyists

=)

Gary/Arizona
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 9:07:45 PM

Can't you get a new cabinet made for 600 or so?
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 9:18:47 PM

On 27 Sep 2005 09:37:58 -0700, "pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>So are these for sale or not?

I will sell them for the right price. Mr $205 is insane the wrong
way. I have heard of Ryans decal sets go for $500 plus and there not
real good, done with a dot matrix printer. Also have heard of 2 sets
sell for $750 and $800. These were the good IPB decals like mine. To
make a long story short, I will consider offers of $1000 up.
If IJ with side art and a nice CC playfield go for $5500 to $6500.
And you can buy a IJ for $2500-$3000 needing art work and shop.
You do the math.
If you don't want to pay that, thats fine with me. My attitude won't
change no matter what Maniac has to say or think.
September 27, 2005 9:23:30 PM

Lets see; $1000 plus the bitch job of installing decals or get a BRAND
NEW CABINET with decals already installed for $650? Tough choice.
Anyone who pays more than $350-400 is crazy.

Good luck with that sale Keith.

John
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 9:45:16 PM

<To make a long story short, I will consider offers of $1000 up. >

Wow! What a greedy SOB!!!

Keith Foy wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2005 09:37:58 -0700, "pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >So are these for sale or not?
>
> I will sell them for the right price. Mr $205 is insane the wrong
> way. I have heard of Ryans decal sets go for $500 plus and there not
> real good, done with a dot matrix printer. Also have heard of 2 sets
> sell for $750 and $800. These were the good IPB decals like mine. To
> make a long story short, I will consider offers of $1000 up.
> If IJ with side art and a nice CC playfield go for $5500 to $6500.
> And you can buy a IJ for $2500-$3000 needing art work and shop.
> You do the math.
> If you don't want to pay that, thats fine with me. My attitude won't
> change no matter what Maniac has to say or think.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 10:14:03 PM

BWAGNER5150! I could not have said it better my self. I sold a set of
IJ decals a while back for what I paid for them 285.00 because I did
not want to screw the group. for what he's asking we should all
remember this when he needs something.

Jim Davis
BWAGNER5150 wrote:
> <To make a long story short, I will consider offers of $1000 up. >
>
> Wow! What a greedy SOB!!!
>

> Keith Foy wrote:
> > On 27 Sep 2005 09:37:58 -0700, "pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >So are these for sale or not?
> >
> > I will sell them for the right price. Mr $205 is insane the wrong
> > way. I have heard of Ryans decal sets go for $500 plus and there not
> > real good, done with a dot matrix printer. Also have heard of 2 sets
> > sell for $750 and $800. These were the good IPB decals like mine. To
> > make a long story short, I will consider offers of $1000 up.
> > If IJ with side art and a nice CC playfield go for $5500 to $6500.
> > And you can buy a IJ for $2500-$3000 needing art work and shop.
> > You do the math.
> > If you don't want to pay that, thats fine with me. My attitude won't
> > change no matter what Maniac has to say or think.
September 27, 2005 10:35:05 PM

Wow Keith, RGP is lucky to have you. . . .
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 12:26:40 AM

I would be willing to bet you $500 that Wayne will not have IJ cab decals
for sale in the year 2005!!

<gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This is why, at the end of the day, Wayne will end up being a hero for
> the hobby
>
> I know he has pissed a lot of people off and his communications have
> been so-so, but his remade products will end the price gouging
>
> and remade playfields will prove to be superior to NOS playfields
>
> A lot of good days ahead for true hobbyists
>
> =)
>
> Gary/Arizona

September 28, 2005 12:34:08 AM

Actually, I believe the cab with all new decals installed and all new
hardware is about 650 + 550 = 1200 plus shipping.

Still a lot better deal than a couple stickers for a grand.

That is of course if you have to have new stickers.

I sort of like the fade. Gives the machine a little character.

Otto

CARGPB11

"PT" <zeecarr1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Lets see; $1000 plus the bitch job of installing decals or get a BRAND
> NEW CABINET with decals already installed for $650? Tough choice.
> Anyone who pays more than $350-400 is crazy.
>
> Good luck with that sale Keith.
>
> John

Anonymous
September 28, 2005 3:44:00 AM

:-) Great to hear, Jim. I'm sure someone was really happy with them.
Take care!

Ben
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 7:10:58 AM

On Tue, 27 Sep, Keith Foy wrote:
>>So are these for sale or not?
>
> I will sell them for the right price. Mr $205 is insane the wrong
> way. I have heard of Ryans decal sets go for $500 plus and there not
> real good, done with a dot matrix printer.

LOL. Inkjet maybe, but not dot matrix. I'm pretty sure I have a set of
RnR IJ decals I'll be happy to part with for $500. Somehow I'm doubting
anyone has paid that much for them.

> Also have heard of 2 sets
> sell for $750 and $800. These were the good IPB decals like mine. To
> make a long story short, I will consider offers of $1000 up.
> If IJ with side art and a nice CC playfield go for $5500 to $6500.
> And you can buy a IJ for $2500-$3000 needing art work and shop.
> You do the math.
> If you don't want to pay that, thats fine with me. My attitude won't
> change no matter what Maniac has to say or think.

Hey, your price is your price. I'll be *shocked* if you get any offers
anywhere near $1000. But maybe I've missed something...

--Donnie

September 28, 2005 7:38:06 AM

On Wed, 28 Sep, Donnie Barnes wrote:
>> I will sell them for the right price. Mr $205 is insane the wrong
>> way. I have heard of Ryans decal sets go for $500 plus and there not
>> real good, done with a dot matrix printer.
>
> LOL. Inkjet maybe, but not dot matrix. I'm pretty sure I have a set of
> RnR IJ decals I'll be happy to part with for $500. Somehow I'm doubting
> anyone has paid that much for them.

Correction, I just checked and I *definitely* have a set I'd sell for $500.
I've got a pretty good reputation as a seller around here, so let's put
your little theory to the test.

Mine were stored flat since they arrived from Ryan and are wrinkle-free.
Stored in a climate controlled facility the entire time, too.

Email me or post here if you want them for $500. I'll package them and
ship them however you want, but you pay actual shipping (which I can get
you a quote on if you like).

--Donnie

September 28, 2005 11:17:25 AM

"BWAGNER5150" <wagner_benjamin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> <To make a long story short, I will consider offers of $1000 up. >
>
> Wow! What a greedy SOB!!!

Sadly it's par for the course with this guy :-(

> Keith Foy wrote:
> > On 27 Sep 2005 09:37:58 -0700, "pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >So are these for sale or not?
> >
> > I will sell them for the right price. Mr $205 is insane the wrong
> > way. I have heard of Ryans decal sets go for $500 plus and there not
> > real good, done with a dot matrix printer. Also have heard of 2 sets
> > sell for $750 and $800. These were the good IPB decals like mine. To
> > make a long story short, I will consider offers of $1000 up.
> > If IJ with side art and a nice CC playfield go for $5500 to $6500.
> > And you can buy a IJ for $2500-$3000 needing art work and shop.
> > You do the math.
> > If you don't want to pay that, thats fine with me. My attitude won't
> > change no matter what Maniac has to say or think.

Anonymous
September 28, 2005 11:59:17 AM

What planet are you on?
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 12:57:04 PM

Funny how we haven't heard from Mr Foy in a while on this topic..
Anyone? Beuller?..
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 1:21:01 PM

Wow, Those are nice looking cabinets, but are they good decals on them
or are they painted on, or just primered. If they are buying RNR
decals, then there is no comparison to a set of IPB decals. If they
are screened right on the cabinet, has anyone compared them?

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:13:35 -0400, "Otto"
<ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>http://www.bigtimecabinets.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 2:26:21 PM

Donnie,

Your $500 price, or $450 price for those RNR decals is a little off as
well

Everyone knows those were not as desirable as the ones from IPB

Remember, those were done by the "famous" Ryan back in the day when
people were totally desperate to get their hands on anything half way
decent.

Attention WORLD:

Wayne Gilliard paid $900,000 plus for the WMS rights. Wether you like
him, hate him, or whatever, do you really think he would have shelled
out that kind of money and then decided not to produce anything
worthwhile?

If he got the rights for free, then sure, maybe he would just sit on
his rear end or whatever. If he was like Gene and super rich and kind
of marched to his own drummer, ya sure, maybe he would take his time
and produce a little here and a little there.

But this is a young guy, that probably had to get investors or a bank
loan to pay WMS and I expect him to pump stuff out at a record rate
once he has all the printing resources in line.

It just makes sense considering the money he spent to do business with
WMS

No one who is anti-Wayne has ever explained why the guy would spend all
that money to do business with WMS and then not intend on pumping out a
good quality product.

IMHO

=)

Gary/Arizona
September 28, 2005 10:05:51 PM

Ummm - since you must have been in a cave waiting for top
dollar you ought to know Ryan was forced out of the biz (dishonest)
and there are very few of his inkjet attempts still floating around.

BigTimeCabs only uses fully screened art from either Darin, Allen
or IPB in the case of IJ. Google is your friend.

> Wow, Those are nice looking cabinets, but are they good decals on them
> or are they painted on, or just primered. If they are buying RNR
> decals, then there is no comparison to a set of IPB decals. If they
> are screened right on the cabinet, has anyone compared them?
>

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:13:35 -0400, "Otto"
> <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >http://www.bigtimecabinets.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...

Anonymous
September 29, 2005 4:37:22 AM

On Wed, 28 Sep, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:
> Your $500 price, or $450 price for those RNR decals is a little off as
> well

Let me see if I can say this without going off the deep end:

I KNOW THE PRICE IS OFF. That was my point. The guy's claims about
pricing he's "heard about" are likely just not true. If they were, I'd
likely be getting email to buy the set I have. But I'm not. Thanks for
helping make my point, though.

> Everyone knows those were not as desirable as the ones from IPB

No kidding.

--Donnie