Mr Pinball site 404 error

I can access the Mr Pinball classifieds from work, but from home I always
get a 404 error.

http://www.xmission.com/~daina/pinball.html

It's been like this for quite a while now.

Maybe Daina can shed some light on this if he is reading

Rob
6 answers Last reply
More about pinball site error

    Works for me.

    nomad

    maybe your wife blocked the site on you :p

    It's your company most likley.

    A neat little trick to use is to use the google website lanuage
    translator http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en and translate the
    site from German to English. Use the translate a web page at the
    bottome of the google page.

    Then when the page come up change the de to en in the url. Then you
    trick it to translate from english to english and it most likly won't
    be blocked. It works for me and hopefully you.

    It acts as it's own proxy server and will let you view almost anything
    that may be blocked by your company.

    Try this link below to see if you can get on. I already switched the
    url around...

    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mrpinball.com&langpair=en%7Cen&hl=en&c2coff=1&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

    My bad. I read you post to quickly and thought you where blocked at
    work. If they ever block you at work at least you will have a work
    around.

    In article <11jhqsh8a5cimb1@corp.supernews.com>,
    Rob G <lostinthezone@sasktel.net> wrote:
    > I can access the Mr Pinball classifieds from work, but from home I always
    >get a 404 error.
    >
    >http://www.xmission.com/~daina/pinball.html
    >
    >It's been like this for quite a while now.
    >
    >Maybe Daina can shed some light on this if he is reading
    >
    >Rob

    It's got to be something on your end at home, either your ISP,
    firewall/router, proxy, or local configuration.
    --
    Daina Pettit=daina@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
    UNIX Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com

    I wonder if xmission is blocking 64.x.x.x ? 142.165.x.x works fine for me
    when I get that
    dhcp address scope. When I get 64.110.x.x it does not work.

    I sent an email to Daina.

    Rob

    "Daina Pettit" <daina@xmission.xmission.com> wrote in message
    > In article <11jhqsh8a5cimb1@corp.supernews.com>,
    > Rob G <lostinthezone@sasktel.net> wrote:
    >> I can access the Mr Pinball classifieds from work, but from home I always
    >>get a 404 error.
    >>
    >>http://www.xmission.com/~daina/pinball.html
    >>
    >>It's been like this for quite a while now.
    >>
    >>Maybe Daina can shed some light on this if he is reading
    >>
    >>Rob
    >
    > It's got to be something on your end at home, either your ISP,
    > firewall/router, proxy, or local configuration.
    > --
    > Daina Pettit=daina@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
    > UNIX Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com
    > Mr. Pinball Classified--More Pinball Ads than ANYWHERE, and they're FREE!

Light Classifieds Games Video Games