Celeron Temperature

G

What is the normal temperature for a Celeron 566, overclocked to 850?

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As nature lover I would put a pan above the CPU, put some oil and fry and egg. Never waste energy because the world is basically powered by natural resources and now we see shortages of petroleum we know we are running dry... love the nature, love yourself.

Well, by the way, it could be well more than 90degrees celsius.

Morgan 1.6Ghz + 256DDR = Dream on
However dreams are approacable :wink:

G

Woop,

I always got around 49 Cel. degree - i.e. 15 seconds after a heavy gaming session, and started worry.

Now it seems my baby is in the cool side.

Thanks guys a lot

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
actually to tell the truth athlon runs max of 70degree c so if you are running at 50c then i think it should be fine... provided you know it doesn't go beyond that

Smart guys are not smart because they only see things at a different perspective. :wink:

wacko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
mine's running at 36C idle and 42C max after heavy gaming session (quake3, counterstrike) and all that with the intel stock hsf and 1.65v vcore

trak0r

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
well... my celeron stop running all together a little while back, soo I went and bought an athlon/mobo for less..... wasn't that bad of a thing after all :)

Tr@k0r

G

I have a 533 Celeron @ 800. Tempature is 79*F. Only 1 fan.

-AMD is like a slow race car...they tape up the front grill to go fast with the risk of overheating.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Your slogan is VERY true for Race cars *cough Dale Earndhart cough* but very UNTRUE when it comes to AMD....they stopped using tape to hold the core down......... =)~
heh heh....

But no, thats bad.......AMD's run hotter but its natural, its EXPECTED....
if you knew about CPU Core designs it only makes ense, VERY short pipelines....PLUS its triple piplined...lot's of stuff....just becasue ti runs hotter than a totaly different laid out, designed, and produced chip (AKA Intel) Doesn't mean its bad becasue it NATURALY runs hotter becasue of the MUCH more advanced core design.....so yea....

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!