Sound Cards in Dells

Whenever I go and poke around at the Dell Canada web site checking prices
and the configurations you get for 'whatever' price, and also when I get
one of the Dell flyers with my newspaper and scan that, I note that for
the higher end models that have a video card (as opposed to integrated
graphics), while they don't hesitate to let you know what video card is
included, they never seem to tell you what sound card you're getting
anymore. If I was seriously looking to buy a Dell at this time, I woudl
certainly want to know what I was getting for sound. So does anyone know
what's up with this?

Marilyn B.

What's up is that you're not noticing that the sound cards are clearly
described in Dell's web site when you configure a computer.
--
Ted Zieglar
formerly "Rocket J. Squirrel"

"Marilyn E. Burford" <burford@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
> Whenever I go and poke around at the Dell Canada web site checking prices
> and the configurations you get for 'whatever' price, and also when I get
> one of the Dell flyers with my newspaper and scan that, I note that for
> the higher end models that have a video card (as opposed to integrated
> graphics), while they don't hesitate to let you know what video card is
> included, they never seem to tell you what sound card you're getting
> anymore. If I was seriously looking to buy a Dell at this time, I woudl
> certainly want to know what I was getting for sound. So does anyone know
> what's up with this?
>
> Marilyn B.

"Marilyn E. Burford" <burford@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
> Whenever I go and poke around at the Dell Canada web site checking prices
> and the configurations you get for 'whatever' price, and also when I get
> one of the Dell flyers with my newspaper and scan that, I note that for
> the higher end models that have a video card (as opposed to integrated
> graphics), while they don't hesitate to let you know what video card is
> included, they never seem to tell you what sound card you're getting
> anymore. If I was seriously looking to buy a Dell at this time, I woudl
> certainly want to know what I was getting for sound. So does anyone know
> what's up with this?
>
> Marilyn B.

This is because all Dells now come with integrated sound at no additional
cost, and even 'premium sound' audio cards generally cost far less than
their video counterparts.

I believe Dell offers nothing but OEM versions of the Creative Soundblaster
Live! and Audigy cards as audio upgrades to the integrated sound.

Stew

Hi,
Depends on system.
On Dimension LOB, the best card you can get is the Creative Labs Audigy 2

Rgds