Monitor not working

daboy

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have been having an issue with my monitor not working lately. It is not receiving the signal from my computer to the actual monitor (the monitor is my television). I have figured out that if I pull the CMOS and reinsert it then that normally fixes the problem, but it will randomly happen again. It could happen the next time I turn on the computer or it could be a day or two later. I just don't want to have to do this every couple of days. Do I need to update my BIOS to fix the problem? I hope this is in the right location on the forum.

Thanks for any help.

daboy

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

I am talking about the battery on the motherboard. I thought it was called the cmos battery but i must have been mistaken

You are right, people call that battery the CMOS battery, BIOS battery, Real Time Clock (RTC) battery, or simply the motherboard battery. I thought that might be it, but I was not going to assume ;)

I cannot think of any reason that helps. Is your video part of the motherboard, or a card? If a card, try removing and reinstalling the card to insure a good connection.