CPU in a vc820!?

I've been searching a lot on what processor to use in my intel vc820 mobo. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with a

Pentium III processor 650MHz
256K Cache
100MHz System Bus

I just want a final confirmation that this will work before I buy it.

-Rob Wegner

P.S. if you need to ask about any more specifics on the proc. in order to answer my question, post your requests here and I will be glad to answer them.
6 answers Last reply
More about vc820
  1. Hey,

If memory serves me correctly that board was originally slated to run the 1.13ghz smoothly. Look for the article that Dr. Pabst wrote. I think thats the one. It should run all PIII's but it was geared for the higher end chips

Timothy Stankus
    One of the First AMD Athlon Users =)
  2. the board rocks but dont go below 600. Im using a 600e in mine with 128meg rdram 26gighd,geforce2and so on, also dont use a cheap card it will really affect your performance,this mobo really shines with a good vcard and big processors.
  3. I thought this thread deserved a little TLC. It's on the last page of this forum at the bottom.
  4. PIII all the way!!
  5. Quote:
    I thought this thread deserved a little TLC. It's on the last page of this forum at the bottom.

LOL

I had to do a double take when I read it. I was like - WHAT?!? then I noticed the date.

Way to dig up the past! LOL
    :lol:
  6. Quote:
    I thought this thread deserved a little TLC. It's on the last page of this forum at the bottom.

Sorry, I already bumped the very last thread a few months ago. Then I bumped its successor xD

Wait why am I proud?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors