Hey guys I need a new laptop for school and other uses.
1. What is your budget?
$1000 Canadian Dollars
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
720p or 1080p if possible. (1680 * 1200) (1920 * 1080)
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Doesn't really matter too much, but portable would be good
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No gaming at all, except casual rpgs
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Photoediting, watching movies, listening to music, music editing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
The bigger the better but minimum 500gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
They have to ship to Canada, or have a store in Canada. I prefer to buy from a chain store if possible.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD driver is needed, burner would be nice but not necessary
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any brand is fine, as long as it has a good reputation with good customer support and durable hardware.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
If you guys need any more info from me please ask.
Ill be mainly using this for school and homework, but I would prefer to have atleast an i5 because I might considering video processing and editing as well maybe a tiny bit of gaming. Also I would prefer a backlit keyboard.