Intel blue guy ads

G

What in the world was Intel thinking about when they made the blue guy ads? I think I am watching a commercial for some goofy art museum!

G

As much as I am anti-intel, I will give them credit for being original and creative. Hey, its better than the guys in the space suits..

G

And their entire show here in Vegas is run on Mac's, just check out their website, they don't even own Intel computers.

Thermal Acceleration means 'Overclocking'

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Intel has deep pockets so they can afford to be something different. Like it or not, it's just the way it is. Whatever big companies advertise those blinded fans would say hoorah!

Smart guys are not smart; they only see things in different perspective.
1st <b>member</b>!

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I spend so much time playing "hunted" in TFC that those blue guys kinda looked like the prez. i was wondering when a lil sniper dot was gunna appear. HAHA. But i agree, definately better than the space suit guys.

G

The blue guy must be the RAMBUS symbol - yow know thw RIMMs are like blue. It's two in one! Both Intel and the rather stupid RAMBUS get TV time :)...

General Failure reading HDD C:
Who the f*** is General Failure and why is he reading my HDD?

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
the blue guys are losing there job

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Don't worry about that, they will just do Tiddy Bowl commercials instead, you know, flushing crap down the toilet making it look pretty and all blue. :smile:

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed

atavus

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2001
Well, Mac made their computers different colors, and that automatically made them cool, so if the guys are different colors then they *must* be cool too.

<b>P</b>eople for the
<b>E</b>ating of
<b>T</b>asty
<b>A</b>nimals

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
lmao. Thanks for the good laugh. BTW i havent seen the amd commercials.

My system: <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946</A>

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I thought intel was trying to apeal to the Gay and lesbian group. Those blue guys have to be gay.
How smart are you to poke your willy in another guys bum?
How smart are you to put an intel chip into your budget?

Well I guess lesbians are smart, they got the perfect turn on for most guys
:-D

G

Let me be the first one to say I like the blue guys. I saw them on broad way from an 8th grade field trip and I to this day have not seen a better show. It was a very entertaining show to say the least. Anyway I am sure intel offered them some huge amount of money to do their shows and who could refuse? So they have to do what intel tells them, it's not like they have no talant. Blame intel not the blue guys.

Who ever said my skills were <i>fair</i>.

Tejas

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Guys, you can say all you want about this, but at the end of the day, people, whether positive, or negative, talk about the Blue Men, and hence the ad campaign is a success, it raises awareness in the Public domain. Their theatre shows are brilliant. At the end of the day, if people recall the ad, mission is accomplished. I live in Europe, and AMD is essentially anonymous, the only place you see them advertised is on one of the crappier sport channels. They would do well to learn a few tricks from intel on marketing.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Yeap the add was a real success, I remember them well and bought a AMD chip. No, I bought two AMD chips. Take that back I actually bought 3 AMD chips in that time period.

Also note that AMD has been gaining market share while Intel has been loosing market share.

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 07/25/01 11:52 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Hey! I liked the Intel people in the colored shiny space suits. The Blue Men just plain suck though. They could learn a lot from the Umpa Lumpas, who are frankly a lot more entertaining, especially with their rhyming. :)

<pre><font color=orange>Sunnova</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Beach</font color=blue>, <i>ain't life a beach?</i></pre><p>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I personally am offended by the commercials. They are sexist! Where are the blue women? I want to have sex with blue women dammit!!

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Ugh. [shudder]

What if an Umpa Lumpa and a Blue Man had a baby together?

It'd be the ugliest child on Earth!

Hey, Apple could use it to market their iMacs! It's colorful, it's freaky looking, it's a mix of old and new, and it's something that only a mother could love!

-Intelicide: The act of marketing overriding engineers to kill a product before it can be released.