Strange Attract Mode Behavior - Banzai Inserts

I have two Banzai's and both behave the same. One has proto software the
other I believe L-4.

Anyways, turn the game on and wait for the game to go into attract mode.
There are 10 insert lamps that don't work in attract mode on the lower pf
and 1 on the upper. This is what started me on this goose chase because I
thought I had bad lamps, diodes, wiring...something. :)

Start a game, finish and wait for attract mode. All lower pf lamps work in
attract, but 7 on the upper pf do not.

Had I know this was normal, I could have saved an entire night chasing down
issues I didn't have with the games.

This is just plain weird...oh well. ;-)

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

and what might these lamps do in lamp test? these are CPU controlled
lamps right?

Mike Schudel wrote:

> Had I know this was normal, I could have saved an entire night chasing down
> issues I didn't have with the games.
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI

I spent about an hour trying to figure out why the one bulb in attract
mode was not working (shoot again) only to find out that they don't
light that in attract mode.

Note to self: only use lamp test for bulb checking.....

Kirb

Hey Mike,

Any question you have about the game, just let me know........No sense of
chasing yourself around in a vicious circle. I'd be more than happy to help
you out.

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have two Banzai's and both behave the same. One has proto software the
> other I believe L-4.
>
> Anyways, turn the game on and wait for the game to go into attract mode.
> There are 10 insert lamps that don't work in attract mode on the lower pf
> and 1 on the upper. This is what started me on this goose chase because I
> thought I had bad lamps, diodes, wiring...something. :)
>
> Start a game, finish and wait for attract mode. All lower pf lamps work
in
> attract, but 7 on the upper pf do not.
>
> Had I know this was normal, I could have saved an entire night chasing
down
> issues I didn't have with the games.
>
> This is just plain weird...oh well. ;-)
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

> Any question you have about the game, just let me know........No sense of
> chasing yourself around in a vicious circle. I'd be more than happy to
> help
> you out.

Not much of a problem once I finally figured out it's a code issue. Just
think it's weird programming anomoly.

I first noticed it when I cleaned all the inserts and replaced the lamps
underneath, turned the game on and looked at the insert lights. I thought,
"wow I have a bad batch of lamps, or pcb light board pins need soldered,
etc". But, soon realized that they worked.

It was the attract mode after turning the game on and then after one game
was played that I found interesting.