Mobile CPU's/Laptop

G

Hi everyone,
Need some info on the mobile cpu's as I am looking at buying a laptop, mainly for web design and graphics on the run but also want to edit my digital vid cam and have an external firewire DVD/CDRW. I am hoping to find some timeframe on the AMD Palamino mobile cpu or similar with the 200+mhz bus speed, anyone heard any good rumors as to dates of release. I am looking at spending between $5k - $6K AUD + the external components, Anything with power any functionality and a 14-15" screen is my calling.

Got any sugestions!
P.S If ya gotta go, go AMD (where possible) Thanx

G

im a amd fan but you would have to be dumb to get an amd processor for a laptop. we will have to wait and see how amd will lower its wattage. *cough* Motorola Silicon on Insulator *cough* is that australia dollars. that processor will only be in very high end laptops with big batteries. which cost more than that.

G

The only laptop computers that I'm aware of that have built-in Firewire ports are the Sony Vaio and the Apple Powerbook. There aren't any AMD based laptops that could deal with video editing or graphics, performance wise, that could compare to current mobile PIII and G3 based laptops.

I own an AMD based desktop and an Intel based laptop and so far Intel is the best for laptops.

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Also, from what I understand right now, Intel has the laptop power edge. I don't know how available they are cause I haven't shopped for lap tops, but I've seen pIII 800's in them and I've heard of faster. Also for what you plan to do with it- I'd seriously look into getting one with a G2go- the mobil line of the geforce2. Don't get me wrong I am all AMD, but for a laptop I'd go intel.

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"