Palm desktop, synchronization and pc "admin profile" problem

January 17, 2005 9:33:49 AM

Hi,
i've one problem that, until now, i've been unable to solve. My staff
and i have developed a software for school teachers. This software
emulates the personal registry of the teacher and then, through the
sync operation all data go to a access database which is link to a
user interface. The graphic user interface is located on a pc in the
teachers room of the school. My problem is that the palm desktop for
the synchronization only work if the pc OS (xp pro in my case) is in
"admin mode". In this way all the teachers, to use the software and to
sync the palm, have to access pc with admin profile but this isn't the
best solution for my school intranet. I prefer that they use a simple
client profile and not an admin one.

There is some way to allow the teacher to use the pc and to have
syncronisation with simple client permission at xp login?

For your information the teachers use Palm 31 with the relative palm
desktop version and the pc of the teachers room has XPpro OS.

Thx in advance for the answer and sorry for my bad english (i'm
italian).
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 7:58:08 PM

Sounds like thats a problem with the software you created.

Palm desktop should be able to sync a normal user account after the software
was installed in Admin mode.
!