Sign in with
Your question

Viao EA series vs Envy 14

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 24, 2010 6:55:58 AM

Okay so I had my m11x for about 24 days and the harddrive shited out on me twice. I'm hoping alienware will accept the return for it since it has a 30 day money back garrentee

My question now is should I get a viao EA series or envy 14

Both weight the same screen size is similar

Both has i5 460um
4gb ram
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 GPU
500gb 7200rpm harddrive

the viao is 10 dollars cheaper which one would you guys recommended based on your personal experience with Viao / HP such as customer service and repairs.
Thanks for your help in advance.

I'm mostly going to either be typing up essays or playing starcraft thats about it.

More about : viao series envy

a c 244 D Laptop
October 24, 2010 10:02:02 AM

Both are really good, you can't go wrong with either.But based on the user's thoughts about HP and their customer service,i would recommend going with the Vaio one.
m
l
October 24, 2010 7:30:36 PM

yeah hopefully alienware will take their laptop back i've had it for 24 days but they have a 30day return policy

I've heard many problems with viaos over heating for games though does anyone have any feedback on this?
m
l
Related resources
a c 244 D Laptop
October 24, 2010 9:55:23 PM

Well,it overheats because 14" doesn't provide much of a space for a fairly powerful CPU and VGA.
m
l
a b D Laptop
October 26, 2010 7:51:19 PM

Hi there,

I agree with Maziar. Most powerful "gaming" laptops will tend be larger. Do you spend a lot of time playing games? You may want to consider a larger laptop intended for gaming.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
m
l
October 26, 2010 8:42:52 PM

I would like to but my life doesn't allow me too haha so probably just 2-3 hours the most
m
l
a b D Laptop
October 27, 2010 5:27:34 PM

mjhui90 said:
I would like to but my life doesn't allow me too haha so probably just 2-3 hours the most

Hi there,

Do you mean you will be playing 2-3 hours a day? If that is the case, you should definitely look into a more powerful gaming laptop.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
m
l
!