Weird addams family problem

When my addams family has the 3rd ball drop into the swamp it slam
tilts. If i leave the coin door open it never happens. If I disconnect
the plug for the coin door, it still happens. I found a few skinned
places for the iwres on the switches that tell the game how many balls
are in the swamp, taped them up good. No help. None of the switches or
diodes appear to be touching anything they should not. If the game is
in 4 player mode, it will not matter who caught the balls. It happens
sometimes when think drops the ball in, sometimes if it goes behind the
bookcase, or if it just drops in one of the many holes. It only happens
when the 3rd ball drops in, never any other time. Never with the coin
door open. I thought the switches beside the swamp might be touching
the metal,but moving them around did not help.
Can anybody help me before I go crazy. I just bought the game working
from a good guy. When we got it home it was like this. He offered to
have a local tech do a service call on his nickel, but I would like to
fix it myself if I can.

You may have to go over the switch matrix and check for problems. On each
switch you have wires and a diode, now a reversed diode, or wires/switch
lugs/diode shorted together or to metal can raise problems on your switch
matrix. One switch is hit and others are triggered. So you may have to
inspect every switch and look for obvious problems. Check behind the coin
door interface board the door plugs into in case a metal object is stuck
behind it. LTG :)