First post here so hopefully I have plonked it in the right spot
Ok I have had issues with my PC the last 3 days or at least I noticed it 3 days ago, it could have been like that a little longer. I ran Black Ops and noticed it was frequently pausing etc. It seemed odd as I never had such issues prior. I checked Task Manager and the CPU was spiking between 49% to 100%. Through using Process Explorer it showed System and System Idle were the processes that were spiking. I looked at the properties of both and the results showed in System 49% CPU usage by ACPI.sys and on the System Idle there were two instances of ntklmpa.exe!KiDispatchInterrupt+0x650 chewing up 27% and 23%.
After some searching I found ways to diagnose further and used Kernrate and KrView to find a dll called halmacpi.dll was the culprit with a very high number of hits. I have the jpg's of the checks but don't know how to post them as it requested a url address for me to do that.
I have no idea what to do and was hoping someone here can help. I have run Hijackthis, Malwarebytes, Memtest, SPybot and Avast and have come up with nothing.