Anyone got the 1.2Ghz AMD

G

Just wondering if anyone out there is running the 1.2 yet.
Whats your config and hows it doing so far.
Are the 1.2ghz even on the shelves yet.

Take care.

G

I am currently running a 1.2Ghz+ CPU in my home system. I am going to probably not be much help to you though because I am currently also running a Asus A7ZM266 board with 256Mb Micron DDR SDRAM (all are engineering samples). Please do not ask me were I go them or how I got them it is nunya. What I want to say is that this setup is the sh!t. I have had notta problem and everything runs dramitcally faster than ever. I would recommend highly the TBird 1.2GHz CPU if you can afford to upgrade.

:wink: <font color=red>Im</font color=red><font color=green>Em</font color=green><font color=blue>PeD</font color=blue>

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well it's good to know that people lie on here. DDR motherboards arn't even out yet. I am currently running a 1ghz athlon. I don't know how much of a speed difference there is from a 1ghz to a 1.2ghz but i'm sure it's minimal.

"upgrading is no longer an option...it's a necessity"
Visit www.elitehunters.com
--SoulReaper =)

G

Why is it hard for me to believe you? I don't know, but maybe it's only because I would also like to have such a system but it could also be that it's nearly impossible to have such a system ( unleast you saved AMD, Asus and Micron from being bankrupt many times by means that shall remain unsopken here!)

Anyway, to answer the main question: no I am not running a 1.2ghz athlon, but I wouldn't recommend it either unleast you have lots of cash. If you want to build yourself a gaming machine, then save a little on the CPU ( a 1ghz should be just fine!) and get yourself one of those GeForce Ultra with 64 meg of ram! If it's for something else, like video editing, then get yourself a 1ghz athlon, a scsi harddrive subsystem and LOTS of ram... 1.2 ghz would be overkill, unleast you want to say to your neighbours that you have the fastest CPU on the market in your PC.

G

Paying the HEAVY premium for the top of the line processor just to say you have one is rediculous. It wont be top of the line a month from now. I would recommend getting the T-Bird 900, that is the best value\performance CPU I could find recently. Take the $$ you save and get some more ram or a raid system, man ! Actually, while we are on the subject, a 7200 RPM ata 100 Ide drive is JUST FINE for most folks, unless you are a server ;oÞ. I personally am waiting for a DDR mobo...

G

Thanks for the posts.
Now waiting for DDR systems.

Take care!

G

Didn't Gigabyte come with first DDR mobo these days? I have to go an check now.

G

Bring on the DDR!
266 FSB Tbirds are nice too. :)

The Jolly Wizened Oaf!

Zyphoid

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
DDR motherboards are out in fact machines with them are already being sold retail. WWW.BESTBUY.COM 1.2Ghz athlon DDR From Micron $1499 .

If the fat lady's singing at least shes losing weight.

G

Is BestBuy actually selling them or just advertising them?
On their web site it says they aren't taking orders and that the system isn't available for in store pickup.
Buying a system from BestBuy isn't exactly a good idea either.

G

I work for a computer magazine and I received a 1.2 GHz Athlon with DDR. It's the fastest machine I've ever tried and it went over the roof in both games and SYSmark. I think I'll buy this system as soon as it's available (but I don't think it's right now). My configuration had 256 MD DDR, GeForce 2 (not Ultra), IBN DeskStar 30 GB. The motherboard was a sample by AMD named Corona EVT8.