Sign in with
Your question

Monitor turns off and won't come back on

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 14, 2012 5:51:53 PM

I recently purchased a refurbished Samsung SyncMaster 2494 from Legend Micro and when I got it, it worked fine for a few days, but suddenly it turned off. The LED wasn't on at all, the monitor backlight was off and no matter how much I messed with the cables or the power switch, nothing happened.

I left it there for awhile and continued to do things on my second monitor (which is also the same model and I've never had any problems with) and eventually it came back on. I continued to use it an a couple hours later it turned off again, eventually came back on, then a few minutes later it turned off again. So, essentially the more I use it, the more frequently it stops working. If I unplug all the cables and let every little bit of power discharge the monitor will work for a few hours.

I sent it to a repair guy who opened it trying to look for a bloated capacitor or something, but he says he can't find anything that might be wrong with it.

On a side note, the monitor that I am having trouble with is actually one that Legend Micro sent me because I had to send back the monitor I had originally bought that was having the same problems.

I am using Windows 7 32 bit and have one monitor running DVI (the one that is fine) and the other running VGA (the one that is turning off) both from my video card which is a Radeon 5000 series.

If anyone has a solution I would be very grateful.

Thank you,
Brendan

More about : monitor turns back

a c 98 C Monitor
March 15, 2012 9:22:59 PM

Next time buy a new monitor. Send this one back. You'll spend more on trying to repair it. There is no solution that does not require replacing the power supply, the LCD or the backlight.
m
l
Related resources
!