Sign in with
Your question

Where is the class action?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 24, 2010 6:29:32 PM

Hello,
Thousands of these HP dv6000 laptops have crapped out. Sent mine back two times worked for a month then died . It will not turn on , keeps trying to reboot , no display . We should all get new computers ...this is bullshit .Where are the lawsuits???

More about : class action

a b D Laptop
October 24, 2010 6:53:26 PM

trearcj said:
Hello,
Thousands of these HP dv6000 laptops have crapped out. Sent mine back two times worked for a month then died . It will not turn on , keeps trying to reboot , no display . We should all get new computers ...this is bullshit .Where are the lawsuits???

I've dealt with several and always had good and fast service from HP. Send yours back again and this time, ask for a replacement. Keep the hard disk. Are you sure it's the same problem? My understanding was that it was a lead-free solder issue that caused joints to fail when the machine heated up and if that's the case, I can't see why it should happen more than once. All of the seven I've dealt with for my customers have worked perfectly since being returned.
October 25, 2010 10:25:36 PM

Just rechecked ....I actually sent it back 3 times. I was told they could do no more because the warranty had expired. Screw it, by a Dell , HP does not stand behind it's products.
Related resources
October 25, 2010 10:42:45 PM

After sending my fiancee's laptop back to HP for the 3rd time, they managed to 'misplace' it and promptly offered to replace it with a newer, larger model with an extended warranty.
a b D Laptop
October 26, 2010 3:30:47 AM

I'd keep yelling at them. (not literally of course) We had a compaq that got sent in for repairs three times, and they ended up replacing/upgrading up as well. Threaten to start the lawsuit if they don't help?
!