Dell 8300 - Sound card advice

I'd be grateful if someone could advise. How do I find out if my Dell 8300
system has a half-duplex or full-duplex sound card. To have an audio
conversation on MSN, MSN mentions I need one. I find I can receive audio
through my speakers in an MSN conversation, but the other person does not
receive my audio conversation.

Many thanks
Paul B.

"Paul B" <Paul.beaty@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
| I'd be grateful if someone could advise. How do I find out if my Dell
8300
| system has a half-duplex or full-duplex sound card. To have an audio
| conversation on MSN, MSN mentions I need one. I find I can receive audio
| through my speakers in an MSN conversation, but the other person does not
| receive my audio conversation.
|
| Many thanks
| Paul B.

Does the other person have DirectX 9 installed? If not, start with that.

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:01:47 +0100, Paul B <Paul.beaty@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I'd be grateful if someone could advise. How do I find out if my Dell 8300
> system has a half-duplex or full-duplex sound card. To have an audio
> conversation on MSN, MSN mentions I need one. I find I can receive audio
> through my speakers in an MSN conversation, but the other person does not
> receive my audio conversation.

Can you hear yourself on your speakers (or headphones). Ie, what is your
mixer setting for your microphone (might be turned down or disabled)?