Monitor!

The specs at Newegg for the Samsung S24B300EL are a bit messed up. Looking at the specs on Samsung's website, it has the exact same viewing angles and brightness as the Asus VH238H that ilysaml suggested, and it does have HDMI input. The Asus does claim a lower response time, but the measurements and calculations involved in simplifying response time to a single number have no standardization, so it's not a useful number for comparison.

More details of your requirements and budget might help, so perhaps you could fill in a copy of the template:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/59847-3-template-monitor-advice

firenutz

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Approximate Purchase Date: begining of July

Budget Range: 150 - 250 Before / After Rebates

Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Preferred Websites for Parts: Newegg.com , Amazon.com, Microcenter.com

Country of Origin: USA

Brand Preferences: indifferent but I do want good quality

Physical Size (Diagonal): I will be using one GPU and I believe that they are better suited for monitors 23" and smaller

Resolution You'll Consider: 1920x1080

Computers and Other Devices attached: Desktop (HDMI, DisplayPort, DVIx2

Panel Type Desired: Indifferent

LED Backlight: I don't know a whole lot about this. If you guys know it to be good then I would want it but if you think i'm better off without it then ill do without.

Speakers: Indifferent / Avoided

Wall-Mount: Indifferent

Stand Functions: indifferent

Additional Comments: I want the best image quality

Monitors I have looked at:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117&Tpk=Asus%20VH238H&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4176827&SID=as0ojmiytn2h

firenutz

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Thanks guys for the feed back I apreciate it! for me its gonna gaming before image quality but that doesn't mean image quality isnt important to me. I have seen in the stores that brands like LG tend to have a better image quality over its competition. I am willing to go to the $250 mark as long as it's worth the money but spending more to gain a marginal difference wouldn't be very wise to me.

TRENDING THREADS