Export fax address from Canon, Import to Ricoh

jesperloh

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hi peeps,

I was wondering if there's any way i can do a shortcut with the email and fax addresses. The thing goes like this. During the mid of april, some of the Canon copiers we have will be changed to Ricoh copier. We have been using canon all along, so importing and exporting the email and fax addresses is possible between the same brand even if we were to change the models.

I got no idea which d1ckhead suggested to switch to Ricoh, and replacing a total of 6 copiers. Therefore i was wondering if i am able to import the addresses to the Ricoh ones, which i had exported from Canon. If the default import and export is impossible, is there any software capable of doing it?

i'd say thats unlikely. Mr "d1ckhead" probably found the ricoh to be cheaper, thats normally why these things happen. How many addresses are we talking about? can you export the canon ones to a text file or something? you should be able to use a web browser to remote into the printers, copy to a text file, then at least you can copy and paste the addresses to the new copiers.

jesperloh

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
We're talking about over 200 email and fax addresses in total. Including all the workers and customers / partners faxes as well. I thought about the manual copying over the web browser, but I won't do it unless i have no choice. So guess i really have no choice but to go the long way huh..

rreynolds

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
It actually is possible. I did it last year when we switched from a Canon ImageRUNNER c3170 to a Ricoh MP C4501. I had to clean up the exported Canon data a bit, but after that was done I was able to use a utility that came with the Ricoh to import it successfully. I only had about 60 or so people to import, and it took about 15 minutes total.

The utility you want is called SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin and you can get it from the following URL:

http://support.ricoh.com/html_gen/util/SDM/SDM.html#admin

Once you have it installed and your machine appears in the list, right-click it and select Address Management Tool.

rferaco

Honorable
May 17, 2013

I work for a company that sells both Ricoh and Canon MFPs. To get around the address book problem from Ricoh to Canon or from Canon to Ricoh I wrote a Program that converts a .csv file from SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin(Ricoh) to a canon .abk file(that can be uploaded through Canon RUI) and it will also convert a Canon .abk file to a .csv file that can be uploaded to a Ricoh via SmartDeviceMonitor for Admn.

It wasn't terribly hard to write. Just have to look at both files and figure out what information needs to be grabbed. Keep in mind a OneTouch file will be different than a regular address book file.

printdoctor

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015

I also was wondering if I could get a copy of this program. Need it severely.
Thanks
printdoctor

Rick_25

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Rick_25

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I am changing out 5 Canon MFP's with 5 Ricoh MFP's, therefore, I desperately need to shorcut my installs. Have 100's of fax numbers to import, and need assistance to make this happen. Please help

First: why are people still using fax?
Second: I believe there are 2 solutions on the thread already if you read them. Maybe PM one of the guys with the solutions to find out what they did.

jgxjohnson

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
I found this site that has a program that will convert Canon .abk address books into .csv files. There is also another program that will convert .csv files into Canon .abk address books:

http://abkaddressbookconversion.weebly.com/