Jim

Hello
I'ev setup port forwarding for port 80 (http) on my MN-
500. Works great for someone coming in from outside of my
internal network. However, if I try to hit my web site
while on my internal network it doesn't work.

Is the MN-500 supposed to react this way? I've replaced my
Linksys 11b router with this one and never had that happen
with the linksys.

Just courious

Jim

Hi,

You'll need to download the latest firmware which has loopback support.
Then you'll be able to hit your own website on your own network. Otherwise
you'll have to use your private IP address to access the website from your
internal network.

You can download the latest firmware from:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Jim" <jkong@accesswave.ca> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'ev setup port forwarding for port 80 (http) on my MN-
> 500. Works great for someone coming in from outside of my
> internal network. However, if I try to hit my web site
> while on my internal network it doesn't work.
>
> Is the MN-500 supposed to react this way? I've replaced my
> Linksys 11b router with this one and never had that happen
> with the linksys.
>
> Just courious
>
> Jim

Jim

Thanks Gary
Firmware update worked great!

Jim

Hi Jim,
You're welcome, if you have any other issues that you can't find the answers
to post back at the newsgroups and we'll see if we can help!

--

Jim wrote:
> Hello
> I'ev setup port forwarding for port 80 (http) on my MN-
> 500. Works great for someone coming in from outside of my
> internal network. However, if I try to hit my web site
> while on my internal network it doesn't work.
>
> Is the MN-500 supposed to react this way? I've replaced my
> Linksys 11b router with this one and never had that happen
> with the linksys.
>
> Just courious
>
> Jim

Why did you replace linksys router, did it die?I am having trouble with
my 500 and I cant believ it just decided to quit. Hardwiresd computers
work fine, but no wireless connections.