Whats the best 24" to 27" 1920x1080 Screen I can buy?

SecretCobraz

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
I am looking for Screen(s) to go along with my next build. What I have currently is a 32" Sceptre that is more of a commercial unit. A few years ago me and my farther installed about 30 of these in a gym and they were very cheap per-unit since we bought them in bulk.

Unfortunately I have never been able to get the screen to play nice with my 9800GTX. The Screen is currently running at 1366 x 768 (1080i) and it fits but is still off and it does have problems keeping up with my games.

What I am really looking for is a Nice 1920x1080 LCD or LED Screen that is at least 24" and No Bigger than 27" (Although I would prefer 27"). Something that is for gaming, with great response times (5ms-2ms) and just general reliability and performance.

I plan on getting either a GTX 680 (When it comes out) or a 7970, so I will have no trouble powering these screens. Price, while important is not a huge deal for me. I am a dealer for just about every OEM out there and can get most products either wholesale or discounted.

Let me know what you guys have in mind. I am a huge Starcraft 2 Gamer and BenQ has been really pushing their StarTale Branded RL2450HT http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/rl2450ht/#skip lately, so let me know what you think about this unit

SecretCobraz

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

I do thank you for your input. I was going through the line and just couldn't find anything that suited my preference.

I did however find 2 pretty good 27" Screens.

This Asus is pretty nice with all it's features, just about everything I am looking for.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236103

Same goes for this NEC. I am a big dealer for NEC and their products have always been great. The only downside is it can't match the 2ms Response Time of the Asus but I don't know how noticeable it would be going from 5ms to 2ms.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824002636

Asus makes good cheap monitors. But they felt a bit cheap since it's all plastic. I have a 24" Asus VK246H. Asus monitors are generally known for being good for games.

NEC generally makes good monitors, however I am not really familiar with their "lower end models". I have the very high end 25.5" NEC LCD2690WUXi which I use on a daily basis. NEC monitors are generally known for being reliable and generally good for office work or graphic professionals depending on the monitor series. I sure they have good monitors specifically for playing games, but just not well known. Yes, I do play games with my NEC monitor which "only" has a 6ms response time.

I would not worry about the difference between 2ms and 5ms. Generally speaking anything rated 8ms is good enough for gaming. The lower the response time, the lower the chances of noticing any ghosting issues, technically speaking. In a way you can say it's just marketing similar to stating that a monitor has 10,000,000:1 contrast ratio. While technically accurate on paper, in real life it's not that big of a deal.