Can anyone help me to use my CANON A3300 IS as a webcam in my computer

aviral

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Hi,
How to Use a Camera for a Cam?

Instructions :-

1.Check the manual of your digital camera to see if it can be used as a webcam. Many digital cameras have this functionality and even come with webcam software. If your camera didn't come with webcam software, use a third party web cam application such as SarmSoft WebCam. Find SarmSoft WebCam at ShareUp.com.

2.Plug your digital camera's power adapter into the camera. Some won't function as a webcam unless they are plugged into A/C power. Even if your digital camera functions as a webcam while on batteries, A/C power saves your batteries and prevents your camera from shutting off in the middle of a broadcast.

3.Connect a video cable into your digital camera's video "out" port. Your camera likely came with a cable made for connecting it to a to a video source. Plug the other end of the video cable into your video card's video "in" port.

4.Set up your camera as close to your monitor as possible. This allows better face to face communication.

5.Position yourself about 2 to 3 feet away from your digital camera. Most digital camera's focus best at this distance when used as a webcam.

6.Use a separate microphone if your digital camera doesn't transmit sound when used as a webcam. Plug the microphone into the microphone jack of your sound card.

samthebest

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for your reply but I have already tried this before and this method is not working. As much I know the canon uses the Dry OS in their cameras and it can be handled and tweaked by scripts. CHDK is a team working with that. Check it out at chdk.wikia.com . Here there are a lots of tweaks available for canon cameras but not for Canon A3300 IS yet.

You answered your own question. "but not for Cannon A3300 IS yet".

samthebest

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

I know its not for Canon A3300 IS yet but may be someone know some other place where it can be tweaked or any other way to use it as web cam.