Is there a detailed summary of all CPU's to date??

cpujunky

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok guys, here's the deal. A few years ago I knew almost everything about CPU's (L1/L2/die sizes, bus speeds, etc.) and I put together a nice Celeron 300a o/c 464. However once I built the system, I got busy with school, work, and......partying, and I kinda fell out of the CPU tech groove. Now I'm trying to catch up where I left off and it seems I've forgotten even the basic tech specs of past and present CPUs. Now I'm plagued with Slot A, Socket A, and other terms I'm not familiar with. My question is this...

Are there any web sites, books, posters, or otherwise that list CPU's made in the past 10 years or so with their technical specifications (cache sizes, socket type, and other hardcore technical stats)? I kind of pride myself on my knowledge of computers and it seems my pride is running thin now :( This web site is great, but its hard to compare the recent and past CPU's side by side. If anyone knows of something to help me out, I'd appreciate it. I'm just looking for a table or layout of processors and they're specs. Thanks a bunch!

Neoaculus

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Let me educate you a little. The newest shit is Haswell wich runs cooler and faster than the previously known Ivy bridge but it can't overclock as high. Stayin with me? Good. Haswell uses the 1150 socket and Ivy 1155. Ivy Extreme uses 2011 and was just recently released and the best at productivity. List of Ivy Bridge CPUs is i7-3770k, 3770, 2700. i5-3570k, 3570, 3350p. i3-3220, 3225. THose are the main core series that make you seem boss. Haswell is i7-4770k, 4770, 4770s (s for saudered into Motherboard). i5-4570k , 4570. i3 4340. Keep in mind that this is listed from most to least power in the sections of haswell and ivy bridge. Overclocking is squeezing a few more mHz or gHz out of your cpu. Holy Shit. Now AMD has the fx 8350, 8320, 6300. THese are better for price and can overclock straight to hell, it's amazing! They use the AM3+ socket. AMD uses pins and intel has the pins on the motherboard. Keep in mind these are the main cpu's and there are a lot more. If you have any questions ask me.