Reinstalling windows 7, heed help with drivers!

G

okay so ive got a hdd thats never been used, and my old copy of windows was oem, but i changed the mobo. so im getting a new windows 7 and using the new 'old' hard drive. i need to know what order to install things, right now im gonna use the disk for the mobo chipset drivers and then get the gpu drivers from the website after this. after this i will install any windows updates then get my antivirus. is there anything else i need to know like installing dx11 or will that go with the windows updates?

basicly i need to know what my plan is right now, is there anything else needs to be done?

G

why, i wont be browsing just going straight the the gpu manufactures website

edit-what i said sounds like an insult, its just a question.

Hi :)

Lol, i fix viruses every day in my shops... the number of times I have heard things like that, when customers come in WITH VIRUSES...

All the best Brett :)

Doesn't matter. Even though you will only be going to get your video drivers, there are viruses/trojans out there designed to look for open ports. I would recommend downloading the necessary drivers (motherboard, chipset, NIC) from a different computer if possible and then install AV on this one and then download the rest of your drivers.

We're used to it. :)

Seriously though, AV before going online....don't even plug the cable in yet.

He has changed the motherboard (in his first thread) and if you install anti-virus last, you will be back here asking for help in removing the virus you got while downloading everything else.

G

so how do i install av without internet?

Go buy one from a store, or download Microsoft Security Essentials from a different computer. It ain't the best but it will keep you protected while you are downloading your other stuff on this machine.

:pt1cable: :pt1cable: