Can't play backgammon since installing XP with service pac..

I have been trying for months to play backgammon on the zone. It has to be an
XP problem because I even went so far as to uninstall XP and try playing. It
worked. So, how do I get it to work?

Adding on -- After I click the install button it does nothing.

Sonya wrote:
> I have been trying for months to play backgammon on the zone. It has to be an
> XP problem because I even went so far as to uninstall XP and try playing. It
> worked. So, how do I get it to work?

You removed XP and did what? Did you use Win98, 98se, Me, 2000, or NT
instead? Or did you mean you removed SP2 and it worked?

Here's a site that has a collection of helpful suggestions:

http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html

Can you enter other game rooms, such as Hearts? What are you trying to
install, Heartbeat or ZoneIntro, or the Backgammon files?

Look in Internet Properties (Options), "Settings" button, "View
Objects", and see if either is missing or listed as Damaged.

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
"com" if you want to email me.

You removed XP and did what? Did you use Win98, 98se, Me, 2000, or NT
> instead? Or did you mean you removed SP2 and it worked?

I removed XP and went back to Me and I could play again. If there was a way
to remove the SP2 would I be able to play again?

> Here's a site that has a collection of helpful suggestions:
>
> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
I have been to the above mentioned site and have done everything that I can
think of there and I still can't play.

> Can you enter other game rooms, such as Hearts? What are you trying to
> install, Heartbeat or ZoneIntro, or the Backgammon files?
I can't enter any other game rooms or download from them. I removed
Heartbeat as I was instructed to and changed setting in the internet options.
I have uninstalled the zone using add/remove programs but there were some
parts of the program that windows would not removed.

Basically, this is what happens. I click on the backgammon room I would like
to enter. Then the download box appears. I click install and it says "Sorry,
we were unable to install your game."

> Look in Internet Properties (Options), "Settings" button, "View
> Objects", and see if either is missing or listed as Damaged.
Both are present and say "installed" next to them.

> --
> +Elmo_Tech
> MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
>

> Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
> "com" if you want to email me.

Is yr XP an update version from ME?
If so try this..
Click Start- Control Panel- User Accounts
Then create yourself a brand new administrator account.
Using this account try to enter the Game rooms.

"Sonya" <Sonya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You removed XP and did what? Did you use Win98, 98se, Me, 2000, or NT
>> instead? Or did you mean you removed SP2 and it worked?
>
> I removed XP and went back to Me and I could play again. If there was a
> way
> to remove the SP2 would I be able to play again?
>>
>> Here's a site that has a collection of helpful suggestions:
>>
>> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
> I have been to the above mentioned site and have done everything that I
> can
> think of there and I still can't play.
>
>> Can you enter other game rooms, such as Hearts? What are you trying to
>> install, Heartbeat or ZoneIntro, or the Backgammon files?
> I can't enter any other game rooms or download from them. I removed
> Heartbeat as I was instructed to and changed setting in the internet
> options.
> I have uninstalled the zone using add/remove programs but there were some
> parts of the program that windows would not removed.
>
> Basically, this is what happens. I click on the backgammon room I would
> like
> to enter. Then the download box appears. I click install and it says
> "Sorry,
> we were unable to install your game."
>>
>> Look in Internet Properties (Options), "Settings" button, "View
>> Objects", and see if either is missing or listed as Damaged.
> Both are present and say "installed" next to them.
>>
>> --
>> +Elmo_Tech
>> MSN® Gaming ZoneT - Technical Support
>>

>> Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
>> "com" if you want to email me.

Yes, it was an update version from ME. I did what you said and it finally
works! Will I always have to switch users in order to play?

"+_ReverendJJ" wrote:

> Is yr XP an update version from ME?
> If so try this..
> Click Start- Control Panel- User Accounts
> Then create yourself a brand new administrator account.
> Using this account try to enter the Game rooms.
>

> "Sonya" <Sonya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You removed XP and did what? Did you use Win98, 98se, Me, 2000, or NT
> >> instead? Or did you mean you removed SP2 and it worked?
> >
> > I removed XP and went back to Me and I could play again. If there was a
> > way
> > to remove the SP2 would I be able to play again?
> >>
> >> Here's a site that has a collection of helpful suggestions:
> >>
> >> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
> > I have been to the above mentioned site and have done everything that I
> > can
> > think of there and I still can't play.
> >
> >> Can you enter other game rooms, such as Hearts? What are you trying to
> >> install, Heartbeat or ZoneIntro, or the Backgammon files?
> > I can't enter any other game rooms or download from them. I removed
> > Heartbeat as I was instructed to and changed setting in the internet
> > options.
> > I have uninstalled the zone using add/remove programs but there were some
> > parts of the program that windows would not removed.
> >
> > Basically, this is what happens. I click on the backgammon room I would
> > like
> > to enter. Then the download box appears. I click install and it says
> > "Sorry,
> > we were unable to install your game."
> >>
> >> Look in Internet Properties (Options), "Settings" button, "View
> >> Objects", and see if either is missing or listed as Damaged.
> > Both are present and say "installed" next to them.
> >>
> >> --
> >> +Elmo_Tech
> >> MSN® Gaming ZoneT - Technical Support
> >>

> >> Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
> >> "com" if you want to email me.

It seems there's a glitch in the XP/ME update software that prevents the
initial user gaining full administrator privileges which obviously in cases
like these include the permission to download certain programmes. Provided
the new user you created has full computer administrator rights it may be
less of an hassle for future use if you just continued using it and ignored
the initial set up user