Need Help, having problems installing the MN-510

Hi, I just purchased the Microsoft MN-510 USB Wireless
Adapter and when I try to install it, once I plug it in
the USB port, Windows says the device malfunctioned and
its classified as an Unknown Device. Setup does not
continue afterwards. Ive tried plugging it in a
different USB port and I still cannot figure what is
wrong. The power light is ON, on the adapter and it
still wont be recognized in Windows. I am running
Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 1.
1 answer Last reply
More about need help problems installing

    I would try reinstalling the driver for the USB controller or removing and
    redetecting the USB controller. If you go into Device Manager, your USB
    controllers are likely showing an ! with them. Also, you may want to
    reinstall the software before plugging the 510 in.

    --
    Steve Sullivan, MVP
    Microsoft Hardware Products

    "Samra" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I just purchased the Microsoft MN-510 USB Wireless
    > Adapter and when I try to install it, once I plug it in
    > the USB port, Windows says the device malfunctioned and
    > its classified as an Unknown Device. Setup does not
    > continue afterwards. Ive tried plugging it in a
    > different USB port and I still cannot figure what is
    > wrong. The power light is ON, on the adapter and it
    > still wont be recognized in Windows. I am running
    > Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 1.

Routers USB Microsoft Networking