Gateway Mx6421 wireless not working

Hi, I am also looking for help with my wireless. I reinstalled Windows xp on my gateway,and lost my audio,and my wireless. I have downloaded gateway sound drivers..D00377-001.. which did not work. What can I do to get both back. I tried reinstalling windows again hoping to install the drivers again,but it tells me there is no sound driver or wireless driver. I really enjoy my Gateway when I play my games during the winter months. Thanks for any help.

coachjp1
1 answer Last reply
More about gateway mx6421 wireless working
  1. Ok I've seen that the MX6421 (and probably a bunch of other Gateways) are notorious for having this problem. Well, NONE of the solutions I've read have worked, but I finally found a manual workaround for this issue, and here it is:

In the control panel, "Add Hardware".
    Find the uninstalled wireless network card (probably just says "Network Adapter" in the list).
    In the Hardware Update Wizard, select "No, not this time" for Windows Update; press Next.
    "Install from a list or specific location"; press Next.
    Select the bottom option: "Don't search..."; press Next.
    Select the Network Adapter option again; press Next.
    On this screen, press "Broadcom" under the list of manufacturers and then select the following driver: "Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN" dated 3/23/2006. Press Next and then "Yes" to the prompt. It should then install the driver for you and begin functioning like it should.

Note: I did all this AFTER attempting the install of several other drivers, including the one provided by Gateway on their website: http://assets.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?param=mx6421&st=kw It's the BCM40100.exe driver. So, me being able to select this driver in the end was as a direct result of me attempting the install of these drivers. But if you're like me and exhausted all other options, you probably already tried to install the driver.

I sincerely hope this works for you and you don't have to go through all the same trouble as I did. Best of luck to you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Gateway Laptops